Hey people, I need your help.
    Sorry if this has been covered before but I had a look and couldnt find anything.

I want to upload pics i have taken with my BB pearl8120 onto my PC but I cant see how to do it using Desktop Manager. Ive also tried using win media player but that doesnt work too.

I know i can email them to myself, but that seems to be a long winded way when the BB is sitting here plugged into the usb port on my pc - there must be a way of just dragging the pic files over.

Can anyone help me pls?

thanks
    ADDLED
    08-21-08 02:29 AM
    Welcome mate, Did you download the Desktop Manager https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BexL5oQasqNQ** with the Media Manager option? The Media Manager module in Desktop Manager should allow you to connect to the BlackBerry's internal memory to obtain the pictures.
    08-21-08 03:16 AM
    Tks for the reply Mobiman. I wont use Roxio; I installed it before and had issues with it locking up my system badly and causing all kinds of conflicts. Had to reformat and so its not on my fave list.
    08-21-08 04:40 AM
    Connect your Blackberry to computer, go to My Computer, Blackberry, and you can access your pictures. Then just copy and paste it to where you want it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 04:59 AM
    Tks for the reply Mobiman. I wont use Roxio; I installed it before and had issues with it locking up my system badly and causing all kinds of conflicts. Had to reformat and so its not on my fave list.

Same here mate, roxio not my favorite either. Have you tried doing this? go into options>memory and auto enable mass storage mode when connected.
    With this on when you connect your device to the PC it will connect as a mass storage device. Let me know if it works...
    08-21-08 05:01 AM
    Yes media manager uses alot of memory and crashes or locks up some systems with low memory.

Connect your Blackberry to computer, go to My Computer, Blackberry, and you can access your pictures. Then just copy and paste it to where you want it.

I thinnk this is the easiest and most efficent way to transfer.
    08-21-08 05:02 AM
    Mass Storage Mode will only work if the pictures are on a Media Card. It can't see the Device Memory. For that, you must use the Media app on your BlackBerry or Media Manager on your PC. I share your feelings about Media Manager. The Media App on your BlackBerry works well, although you can only move one picture at a time using it. Use it to move the pix to your Media Card, then use Mass Storage Mode to move the pix from the Media Card to the PC.

EDIT: Here are the steps:
    From the Home Screen, run Media. Press Menu and select Explore. You will see Media Card and Device Memory. Select Device Memory / Pictures. Select your picture, press Menu, and select Move. Keep selecting Up until you reach the top of the folder tree, then select Media Card /BlackBerry / Pictures / Menu / Move Here.
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-21-08 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added detailed steps
    08-21-08 11:54 AM

Thank you~ barnettj! This was driving me insane. Media Manager was crashing on me constantly and I reformatted my media card and wanted to reload media on it. So easy this way... don't know why I didn't think of it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Feeling a little stupid though.
    09-09-08 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD