OK...I am new to the whole bb scene so please bear with me. I will definately figure it out one day cuz I do LOVE it! I am showing everyone has newer v. than mine. Is upgrading going to have any "quirks" or give me more grief? I mean I been having a few issues with my bb (had it bout 3 months now) but nothing MAJOR. It has frozen only a couple times to the white screen. Also, I keep getting a "failed call". The failed call is probably the most annoying thing to deal with because when it happens I have to keep taking my battery out which I think is insane for a new phone! Otherwise I can only text and not make or recieve calls. Some other issues:

Added the myspace app...it shows in the list of apps but I can't find it anywhere!

I too keep getting a data charge even though I only use wifi. I cancelled my data plan because I don't use the email / internet often enough to justify paying $30 extra dollars a month. We already pay for unlimited texting.

I'm sure there are more minor things but it's getting late and my mind is in overdrive right now.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated!!!

01-17-09 09:36 PM
    Prior to doing the OS upgrade, just do a backup of all your information and then you can put it back on your phone after the update.

When doing an OS update, that may or may not cure your problems, the failed call issue in my experience is a network problem not an OS problem.

The myspace icon..... from the main screen hit menu, then menu again and select Show all.... does it show up then? if it does go to it, hit menu and select unhide. Then hit the menu button again and hit show all again... you should be good to go

As for the data charges. That is because ATT requires you to have a data/bb plan when you have a bb on their network. To my knowledge the only provider that does not require this is Tmobile, but someone will correct me if i am wrong with that.
    01-18-09 10:44 AM
    I have an att bb and i don't have a data plan at the moment and they don't charge me.
    01-18-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD