I log on with a User account rather than an Administrator account to my Windows XP to keep everything more virus safe. I installed the DM software (ver. 4.3) using the Administrator account (since you can't install programs as a User) but when I tried to configure the Sync, it pops up with a box Titled "Intellisync" and says "Unknown Error" and will not allow me to setup the Sync process. I can log into the Administrator account and configure synchronization without a problem, but Outlook is setup up only to run on the User account, so there is no Address book, Calendar, Task List, Memo Pad, etc. to sync on the Administrator level. Even after I have configured synchronization on the Administrator level and then switch to the User account, it gives me the "Unknown Error" message. How can I sync my 8130 Pearl 2 to my User account in XP?
    12-26-07 05:40 AM
    I believe with that you should:

1. Uninstall Desktop Manager.
    2. Up the user account to 'admin'.
    3. Install and configure Desktop Manager.
    4. Change users level back to non-admin.
    12-26-07 06:40 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot!
    12-26-07 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. It appears to be working fine now.
    12-26-07 01:48 PM
    Brilliant!
    12-26-07 02:28 PM
    The fix didn't help. The strange thing is that I was able to sync successfully the first time but ever since I get an unknown error message and can't sync or reconfigure the sync options. Using a pearl with desktop 4.3 software and vista. Do I need to delete intellisync logs or folders ? I'm using an admin account not a user account. Thanks.
    01-06-08 04:08 PM
    An uninstall and re-install may be necessary...but when you reinstall, choose the option to install for "everyone" and not "this user only"
    01-06-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD