So I downloaded 2 game demos from the CrackBerry store - Bubble Fusion & Smiley Madness (I'm looking for games to download, and was happy to be able to try them out before purchasing). They were installed via MS-DOS when my BB 8130 was connected to my laptop. I went to remove them from the BlackBerry using the Options/Advanced Options/Applications menu, but they were not listed. So I re-connected my BB to my laptop and opened the folders on my desktop to run the MS-DOS "Uninstall" for each demo, and that did not work.

How do I remove these applications?

Also, if you download a file and save it to the BlackBerry, how do you then find it?

Sorry for all of the questions, this is my first BlackBerry experience (and to be honest, I'm a bit frustrated, in light of all the OS issues I'm having - apparently this version 4.3 is not compatible with anything).
    11-13-07 08:27 AM
    Did the games work on your 8130?
    11-13-07 02:52 PM
    ....I tried downloading games to my pearl both ota and via computer with no luck. So you got farther then me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-07 08:07 PM
    The demo versions worked - they were .exe files that downloaded to the device through MS-DOS when it was plugged into my laptop. However, as they were only demo versions, they stopped working quickly. This device has been more trouble than it's worth - I have been unable to download any regular games, even ones listed as "compatible". The device either won't run them, the link doesn't work, or they download to the ether and I can't find them anywhere on the device. I've seriously had it up to here with this thing, and am thisclose to returning it and switching to AT&T to get a device that doesn't have this stupid 4.3 OS. I've spent over $50 trying to download games that are listed as compatible that won't work. I wish I had stuck with my Motorola E-815. Ugh. Has ANYONE with the Pearl 8130 been able to download anything over the air or through the desktop manager? It seems as if nothing is compatible for OTA and the Desktop Manager refuses to load any applications.

A call to Verizon today did nothing to solve this. They transferred me to RiM tech support, which is not free, but I've already laid out too much cash on this stupid thing.
    11-14-07 03:36 PM
    I "downloaded" stuff from handago (means i spent the $$ with no games on the device to show for it) and they refunded me back my money. I think we will just have to be patient to wait for programs to work with the new OS. As much as it sucks......
    11-14-07 09:24 PM
    hi guys! im a newbie to blackberry. i tried installing some trial apps & games(smileymadness) to my curve. now i cannot seem to uninstall them. cant see them as well in applications menu. pls help! btw, used pocketmac to install those apps... pls tell me the easiest way to uninstall... pocketmac doesnt seem to work in unistalling these trial games & apps... will really appreciate your help.
    11-23-07 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD