Sometimes I can't hear people through the ear piece or on speaker phone. I took it to verizon and they say it maybe because of bluetooth. When I take my battery out and put it back in my phone works fine. The first two times it did it every other day. Today it did it twice in one day. Is this due to my bluetooth or is it a software problem. I also have another 8130 Pearl that did this two times today.
    05-20-08 09:13 PM
    Do you have a bluetooth headset paired with the device?
    05-20-08 09:48 PM
    I had the same problem with mine after the software upgrade. Took it to Verizion and told them I thought it was related to the software. They said it couldn't be and replaced the phone, telling me to go ahead and do the upgrade again. Second phone, Second upgrade, same occasional problem.
    05-22-08 12:11 PM
    i have had the same problem since the upgrade. sometimes i can go days without it happening, but other days it might happen twice. normally a battery pull will fix the problem until it happens again. does anyone out there know of a fix?
    05-23-08 02:00 PM
    this sucks I am on my 3rd 8130, because of this very issue. They say it is not the software it is a device issue but I wish there was resolution. It takes forever for it to reboot whenever it happens.
    05-23-08 02:31 PM
    Search the forums on this issue. There is a rather long thread about this and it seems it has to do with a file or something. I can't recall, but I took the advice of someone who semed to have narrowed it down and I haven't had it happen since. Sorry couldn't remember.
    05-23-08 04:04 PM
    I also believe it is a software issue. Soon as I upgraded the SW the problem came like the next day. I had no 3rd party SW either. VZW replaced (with old software) and havent had the problem since. I would call tech support 866-802-0308 and they should replace the unit. Hopefully you get one with the old software. Good luck
    05-23-08 11:48 PM
    It's a qcp file. The BBs don't support it so it locks it up. To fix it just play a video that you have made on your phone or one that is not a qcp file.

*qcp is a file extension to a sound file btw...
    05-24-08 05:02 PM
    I have a plantronics 320 bluetooth headset. I can disable the bluetooth and it still has the same problem a couple days later. thanks for the assistance.
    05-26-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD