Sorry if this question has already been answered on another thread, but I can't find it despite searching using a number of different options.

I use a Pearl 8110 and my emails are forwarded from a Pop3 mailbox. My ISP recently undertook a major upgrade during which unfortunately they deleted my entire mailbox. Now for some reason I can't delete any of the emails that were on my blackberry before the upgrade. I wondered if the blackberry had inadvertently saved them, but I don't seem to have a saved messages folder, and unfortunately because I'm a hoarder, I've got about 200 emails on my Blackberry that I want to delete and cannot.

Please, does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

Thank you
    08-13-09 12:33 PM
    If I understand your question, you are not able to delete them using the normal menu functions and you want to clear the existing mail on your BlackBerry.

I don't understand why it will not delete them, but you can manualy force the database clear with Advanced Restore.

It is part of BlackBerry Desktop Software. Start with a backup, use advanced restore to select your message database and delete it. That will write the changes to your BlackBerry.
    08-13-09 01:18 PM
    Hi Reed

Sorry I don't think I explained the problem as well as I could have, but yes you're right, I'm unable to delete any of the old emails using the normal menu functions.

I also work on Macs (only) so don't have Blackberry Desktop Software. Is there any other way you know of by any chance that would have the same effect?

Thanks in advance
    08-13-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD