Today I noticed an icon on my homescreen called Trooper Typing. Clicking on it takes me to RIM's mobile site in order to download the said program. It looks like a browser channel, but it doesn't show up in the bookmarks. Google wasn't too helpful and it isn't in the application list. Anyone know the fix for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 05:23 PM
    I posted this same thing today...lol. I asked how to get rid of it cause it wasn't in my application listing. To get rid of it, delete it from your service books. The program is from rim so it looks safe.

06-27-08 05:34 PM
    Ah, I checked my service books earlier and completely overlooked it. I shut off browser push, so hopefully it won't happen again. Thanks!

06-27-08 08:22 PM
    I wonder if deleting said module would be another option...
    06-27-08 08:30 PM
    i had this same problem...hmmm and looks like we all have verizon, assuming navi didnt have this problem. deleting the service book worked though good call
    06-27-08 09:38 PM
    Well it came back. Is there a trooper typing module?

06-27-08 10:50 PM
    I just got it this morning too after a battery pull. Weird...
    06-28-08 07:55 AM
    I have it too. It freakin' sucks. I downloaded the app, deleted it, then deleted the service book for it, and STILL it came back after a battery pull. this is ridiculous. I never thought that my Pearl would have spam (I think of unsolicited programs as spam). is there any way to truly and finally delete it so it won't come back?
    06-28-08 09:02 AM
    I got it too but I noticed it after a downloaded the Free Corkberry theme...did any of you dowload that theme...I think thats why I got it.
    06-28-08 10:49 AM
    me too with the trooper typing.

downloaded it a while ago, deleted it, and the icon randomly appears yesterday....?

i just 'hid' it forgot about it....

and i too have "the network"
    06-28-08 11:40 AM
    Ok now I have to check.
    So far I don't have it. What does it do?

06-28-08 11:45 AM
    Looks like you guys should switch to AT&T
    06-28-08 11:56 AM
    Ok now I have to check.
    So far I don't have it. What does it do?

for me it just puts the icon of the prog in my apps...... thats all. its not in my app list either? :
    06-28-08 02:11 PM
    I didn't even notice it until I read this thread. WTF? I also installed the Corkberry theme and now I have the icon.
    06-28-08 05:54 PM
    I just noticed that this TT icon had appeared on my Pearl as well ... don't understand where it came from, what it does, or how to get rid of it ... (and, I too downloaded the Corkberry theme, but didn't care for it, so already deleted it ... no difference ... TT icon still there) ... so, would this really be Spamware of some type --- from RIM??
    06-28-08 06:06 PM
    It is a free game from Rim to teach Suretype. It has been around since the 7XXX. I don't need it. I already know how to use it! I've had my phone 6 months. Why now instead of when I first got it?
    06-28-08 06:24 PM
    I read in another forum that Trooper Typing is something VZN started sending out to devices that have Suretype.
    They are called "Virtual Preloads" and the carrier can send them whenever they want, so they will show up without you sending the service books or registering the network. Your only option is to hide them, and they are very small, so hardly take up any memory.
    They will probably be picking on the QWERTY's next!
    06-28-08 06:29 PM
    I read in another forum that Trooper Typing is something VZN started sending out to devices that have Suretype.
    They are called "Virtual Preloads" and the carrier can send them whenever they want, so they will show up without you sending the service books or registering the network. Your only option is to hide them, and they are very small, so hardly take up any memory.
    They will probably be picking on the QWERTY's next!
    What is the purpose of a Virtual Preload? Personally, I'd be p!ssed if my phone was invaded by something I didnt ask for. I bought the phone- it's mine and I should have on it what I want. An icon that does nothing and comes back when deleted from the service books is BS!! It wouldnt matter to me what the size of it is- unwanted is just wanted!
    06-28-08 06:35 PM
    This started happening to me after I downloaded the new crackberry launcher. I haven't got another one today, but that may have to do with RIM's maintenance.

06-28-08 06:38 PM
    I posted this in another thread, I have a vzw 8130 and haven't gotten hit with this. I do have my firewall on for opera mini, so that might be the cure.
    This does seem to be common to vzw phones so far.

Has anyone that has gotten this tried to remove using DM ?
    06-28-08 06:40 PM
    well guys, i just found this today.... brother and his girlfriend went in and got a new contract with verizon, and they both wanted pearls.... i gave my brother's girl my old pearl and my brother got a new pearl.... my old pearl did not have this until she activated it on the verizon network... the new pearl came with it.... don't know what it does or why it's there, but it's apparent some already know what it is..... It is a verizon thing, and it is popping up on these damn things.... lol HTH
    06-28-08 08:34 PM
    well guys, i just found this today.... brother and his girlfriend went in and got a new contract with verizon, and they both wanted pearls.... i gave my brother's girl my old pearl and my brother got a new pearl.... my old pearl did not have this until she activated it on the verizon network... the new pearl came with it.... don't know what it does or why it's there, but it's apparent some already know what it is..... It is a verizon thing, and it is popping up on these damn things.... lol HTH
    This is exactly what I said in another thread. Coming with a new phone is one thing; having it sneak up on a phone you're already using is another. I hope Sprint wont be bright enough to pull some cr@p like this.
    06-28-08 08:37 PM
    I too have "the network" and this icon appeared on my phone today after a reset. I haven't downloaded any new programs....crap.
    06-28-08 11:51 PM
    This is exactly what I said in another thread. Coming with a new phone is one thing; having it sneak up on a phone you're already using is another. I hope Sprint wont be bright enough to pull some cr@p like this.
    yup, i looked at the phones when they activated it, and asked the CS wtf that was, but she just looked at me weird like she had no clue.... she looked at me weird when i pulled out my 8830 WE and handed her my 8130 to get activated on my brothers girlfriends line too... lol guess she doesn't understand the addiction!
    06-29-08 02:14 AM
    So glad I saw this thread! I thought I was going crazy and didn't remember downloading the program. Seems Verizon is sending this to everyone with SureType. Its rather annoying especially because of the limited amount of memory available on the Pearl as it is!

06-29-08 08:35 AM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD