I am a new BlackBerry user and I have a couple of questions.

However, first let me start out by saying how much I love my new Pearl! I have been waiting for Verizon to release this for quite sometime. I am still getting used to SureType coming from a full Treo keyboard. I must say that I really like it, I just have to figure out where all of the keys are at.

Anyway, on to my questions. There are a few programs that I would like to get. I would really like to get my hands on the iPhone theme and the trackball color changing program but I'm not sure about installing the versions meant for the old Pearl. Can anyone help me out? Slap one of the few things I notice I miss about my Treo is the ability to turn the keyboard lights on and off. Is there a way to do this on the Pearl?

Any help us appreciated. I can't wait to begin my addiction. Oh and please feel free to hit me up on BB messenger. I need some buddies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-07 05:46 PM
    11-05-07 05:55 PM
    I too am thinking of getting rid of my Treo & going w/ the blackberry 8130, but it doesn't have the querty keyboard. how difficult is it to send text with the 8130

thanks
    trk
    11-05-07 06:43 PM
    It's not hard at all. SureType does take a little getting used to, but it is very good.
    11-05-07 07:04 PM
    Kasperapd do those programs get along with OS 4.3?

11-05-07 07:38 PM
    I too am thinking of getting rid of my Treo & going w/ the blackberry 8130, but it doesn't have the querty keyboard. how difficult is it to send text with the 8130

thanks
    trk
    I too prefer a full qwerty. I've only had the 8130 a few days and I'm already good at it. Rumor has the curve coming in Q1 2008.
    11-06-07 09:26 AM
    I can't quote on my Blackberry Browser, but who ever created this thread, when you are talking about changing the light on your keyboard, just press the power button on the top of the phone and it should light the screen and keyboard.

11-06-07 05:55 PM
    No I was actually talking about changing the color of the trackball. The ColorPearl program doesn't seem to work with the 8130 as of yet. I was also wondering whether there was a way to separate the keyboard lights from the trackball since I'm used to being able to turn the keyboard lights off on my Treo.

One other thing that I have noticed is that the battery life isn't what I was hoping it would be. I guess it could be due to the CDMA antenna somehow.
    11-07-07 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD