Transferring ITunes Music Files to BB 8130

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep reading posts that indicate that people are able to drag Itunes music files directly to the BB music folder. These files are then transfered to the micro sd card on the device and these files will play on their BB.

I thought this was impossible since itunes music is a protected format that is not supported by the the BB media player. I thought that music purchased in Itunes had to be converted to MP3 format before being transfered to the BB.

Am I missing something, or is the conversion process not necessary.

From my own experience, music that i have dragged to the blackberry before I have converted was not recognized by my BB.

Can someone please clear this up for me. Thanks
    12-03-07 06:01 PM
    You are correct. You must reformat your iTunes music prior to uploading on ur BB.
    12-03-07 06:04 PM
    I use a program called Tunebite. Works great, you drag stuff from Itunes and drop it in the window of this program and it will convert the files. Then you can just drag the coverted files to your memory card.
    12-04-07 08:53 AM
    I have the BB 8130 Pearl and I use the .AAC format that ITunes uses on my BB and it works great. My BB plays ITunes format?
    12-08-07 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD