I got a BB 8130 yesterday from Verizon. I have been using a Palm TX for 2 years and have an extensive contact/address book. What is the easiest way to transfer the data to the Pearl?
    I use Win XP sp2 and have MS Outlook 2003 installed but the contact list is empty as I have been using Hotmail for all of my contacts on my PC. My Palm Desktop Manager on the PC has the complete address book/contacts. Thank you for your help.

febco1
    11-18-07 11:35 PM
    Hey, your easiest way would be to transfer your contacts from your palm to outlook. Then the BB desktop manager will take them right from outlook. I did the same last week from my Palm. Took about 5 minutes top. Hope this helps.
    11-19-07 11:00 AM
    Hi bigwill,

How did you transfer the contacts from the Palm to Outlook? What format did you use? Step-by-set procedure would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

febco1
    11-19-07 12:02 PM
    i tried that but it did not work
    12-27-07 06:03 PM
    Install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (should have come on a CD).
    Synchronize your Palm to Palm Desktop. I think you have to leave it connected.
    Connect your BB with the USB cable, Start up BB Desktop, and click on "Switch Device Wizard".
    On the next window click on "Switch from another device to a BlackBerry device."
    Follow the prompts.
    You should be able to transfer over all your contacts, your current calendar entries, your notepad entries.
    12-27-07 10:08 PM
    I have a Palm Tungsten E and am trying to transfer calender and contacts to my new Blackberry Pearl 8130. It gets stuck on record 1706/1995 How do I figure out which record is bad or is there another way?
    07-03-09 01:02 PM
    I have a Palm Tungsten E and am trying to transfer calender and contacts to my new Blackberry Pearl 8130. It gets stuck on record 1706/1995 How do I figure out which record is bad or is there another way?

I am having the same problem with my calendar. No matter how many older records I delete, it gets hung up on the same record which is the 49th record from the end of my over 4000 records. I downloaded dbFixit for a free trial and it found two bad records, but they weren't the problem. I also need to figure out which record is which.
    07-06-09 09:06 PM
    I'm also having problems transfering my calender files from a treo to a blackberry - it (like for you) goes 99% of the way there and then gets stuck. Were you every able to figure it out? I have a theory that it may be realted to my using an older operating system (windows 2000). What operating system were you using?
    01-03-10 12:17 PM
    I doubt it's your PC OS that's the issue. If you have your contact birthdays and anniversarys in your addy, start by eliminating all those from your caendar, they'll reappear anyway. Then hopefully you're down to a reasonable number of events to check, for that one that's off. Most likely an event with an unusual date, such as Feb 29th on a non-leap year.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:21 PM
    thank you bigbadwulf - how do I then know which entry is the problem? I see that it attached intellisync labels to all my normal calender events, but not to *any* of the repating events (including the ones that are past already). Going and finding all the past years repeating events seems a bit much...
    01-03-10 10:20 PM
    It's a bugger, since your moving such a huge amount at once. Once you get this sorted out, and do frequent back ups, you'll know to just check the ones that are recent. You could try google, upload them to gmail, and use google synch to restore them to your device. It should filter issues out, but it's no guarantee. That's the best suggestion I can offer, other than keeping the contact events, and deleting the rest.
    01-03-10 11:43 PM
    Install your BB Desktop MGR and run the switch device wizard and select switch from a non BB device
    01-04-10 11:15 PM
    I am trying to switch from Palm T/X to BB 9700 Bold. When I use the Device Switch in BB Desktop it greys out the option to choose the desktop organizer (Palm). I can only go back or cancel. I also get a message that the address book is set to synch wirelessly. Could this be part of the problem?
    01-08-10 11:42 PM
    I am trying to switch from Palm T/X to BB 9700 Bold. When I use the Device Switch in BB Desktop it greys out the option to choose the desktop organizer (Palm). I can only go back or cancel. I also get a message that the address book is set to synch wirelessly. Could this be part of the problem?
    Same thing is happening to me. I just switched from a Palm Pre to a Tour. Pretty much accepted that the memos off of my Pre are stuck on the "Palm Cloud" so I first manually updated them on my old Palm Centro. Now when I am trying to use the Device Switch Wizard it greys out the option to choose my old Palm or Palm desktop software. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Either way, nice to have a device that works better than the damn Pre did...it was such a disappointment for something that was supposed to be awesome.
    01-14-10 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD