My 8120 is only 3 months old and my trackball has stopped giving a tactile "click." it works fine but when you push it in there's no click - it just pushes down. I removed the trackball the other day and it everthing looks fine but still no click. Can I just get a trackball or is it on the circuit board? They are only about $8 shipped on eBay
    10-22-08 01:43 PM
    I had the same issue with my 8120 (after only 1 month). I ordered a new one from cnn.cn (see BB Parts in my signature) and then proceeded to take the trackball assembly apart. What a mistake!
    10-22-08 01:48 PM
    Mine never clicked but it works. I take it out every 2 weeks or so and clean it. Under options, screen/keyboard - mine shows mute for audible roll. Could you have maybe changed a setting or something?
    10-22-08 11:50 PM
    When you take the trackball off, if all is well, you will se an orange squared sort of membrane that works as a resistance to the ball so you feel the click when you push it. If you don't have it then you feel the trackball very soft and no clicking sensation. That part does not come with the trackball. Before spending on one try with a friend's trackball to see if it solves the problem. I had 2 customers already with that problem here in my country but no solution to the problem yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 12:45 AM
    Yes I do still have the orange square thing under my trackball - are you sure that is what gives it its click anyway? None of my friends will let me take out their trackball - they're scared that they will lose their click as well! I guess I will have to try a new trackball...
    10-23-08 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD