Hey everyone!

I was at the verizon store today with questions about my bb and was told by the tech people that indeed the newest batch of pearls do have new trackballs in them. They said that the switch was supposed to increase reliability. Also one guy said that parts of the phone that were being made in mexico are now being made in canada. This might explain the variations in everyones trackball experience!

Adrian
    02-20-08 04:54 PM
    Did they say when these would begin shipping?

I was just at the VZW store and they opened up a brand new 8130 that they just got and it was the same old gritty ball.
    02-20-08 08:57 PM
    interesting im from canada and i acutally live in waterloo the birthplace of the blackberry...i wonder if i can snoop around the offices and track down one of these new trackballs for cheap!
    02-20-08 09:04 PM
    Yeah, if the balls themselves were available I'd be interested. the whole gritty thing doesn't do much for me.
    02-21-08 08:15 AM
    they didn't say much except for that. The technical service line was out the door so I didnt stick around to get more info. Sorry!
    02-21-08 09:15 AM
    What's this grittyness that people are talking about? Is this present on all carriers? I have a Curve on att and I'm not sure what this grittyness you're referring to is. I just picked it up a couple of days ago.
    02-21-08 09:19 AM
    the ball does have a rough surface
    02-21-08 09:25 AM
    This was mentioned before, maybe the reason they decided to go with a "gritty" feeling track ball was to give the user "feed back" in the same way your scroll wheel does on your pc mouse. Kinda like you know it's moving rather than slipping under your finger.
    02-21-08 10:49 AM
    I know I'm in the minority but I still say I personally like the gritty ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 02:27 PM
    I know I'm in the minority but I still say I personally like the gritty ball.

I like it as well.
    02-21-08 02:35 PM
    I would assume that I have the gritty one, but whichever one I do have I really like! Way better than the older scroll wheels.

02-21-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD