Anyone noticed any problems with their trackball not being smooth?
    Ive noticed the problem when using the suretype, when it popsup suggestions for spelling using the trackball scrolling up and down, it either does nothing for a few seconds or spins, or sometimes just skips forward 3-4 options. Showed it to CrackBerry Kevin and he mentioned it seemed off. Brand new 8130, have had it for about two weeks.
    11-22-07 02:36 AM
    Mine is like that too. I think the trackball design on the 8130 is a little off and not as "sharp" (if that makes sense) as the 8100's trackball.
    11-22-07 06:28 PM
    That sounds more like a device lag to me (device is still doing something when you are rolling the ball)....The newer devices do have a rougher feeling trackball than the older devices. The roughness helps keep dirt from sticking between the ball and the rollers thus causing fewer stuck trackball problems. My 8100 has a very smooth feel whereas the 8320 has a rough feeling one.

How much free memory do you have on your device? Go look in Options >Status.
    11-22-07 07:08 PM
    Yes, I have had the same thing happen to me when I'm in the middle of a text or email. I have never used anything other then this Pearl that has a trackball. I had my trusty 8703e. Hmmmmm I wonder if this is an issue I should call Verizon about. I'll wait and see.....

Click
    11-22-07 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD