that there makes no sense
    06-10-08 10:31 AM
    Make sure the metal thing on the back of trackball assembly is pointing down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 10:33 AM
    it is. The copper paper that the trackball makes contact with is missing as well as the silver circle piece under the copper paper. Is there any possible way to make this work by ways of messing with it? Is there a way to get a new trackball by tomorrow?lol
    06-10-08 10:36 AM
    if i press my trackball in, the camera starts.

??????
    06-10-08 12:44 PM
    Insurance can only be added at VZW for 15 days...after that your out of luck
    06-10-08 06:47 PM
    Just buy the track ball assembly it would be cheaper.

06-10-08 08:50 PM
    Omfg I am a genius. I somehow managed to get the silver magnetic circle that makes contact with the trackball back into place. MY TRACKBALL NOW WORKS!!! All I need now is a new metal ring which is soon to be on its way =] I am so happy now. Thank you to all who attempted to help me and gave their 2 cents

06-11-08 12:25 AM
    Omfg I am a genius. I somehow managed to get the silver magnetic circle that makes contact with the trackball back into place. MY TRACKBALL NOW WORKS!!! All I need now is a new metal ring which is soon to be on its way =] I am so happy now. Thank you to all who attempted to help me and gave their 2 cents

sweet glad its working for u
    06-11-08 07:59 AM
    thanks. new trackball will arrive tomorrow and replacement phone will arrive monday or tuesday. yay
    06-11-08 09:57 PM
    I'm all about morals but let me remind you that Verizon locks the GPS on their Pearls so you have to pay a monthly fee for the VZ navigator to use a functionality that came with the phone. If a company screws their customers like that to make $10 extra a month then I say they deserve being ripped off. Take that phone back and get a new one on Verizon's dime if you can.

06-12-08 01:33 AM
    You have 15 days after activating/upgrading to add Phone Protection with Verizon. It's $4.99/phone or $5.99 for combo insurance + service plan.

I'd be amazed if any carrier would allow you to add insurance and then file a claim the next day ("I have to wait a day?" HAAHAAAHAAAA sorry, it's funny) since that's such an obvious, um, what's a nicer word for scam? Strategy, that's it. 30 days is the usual in the industry, and there's usually a feisty deductible. For Verizon it's $50.

Also insurance is usually handled by a 3rd party entity which ships to you from their inventory. For Verizon it's Asurion and they ship from their own inventory - there's no walking into a store and saying "A bear ate my phone, I have insurance, give me another".

Phones are expensive. Carriers subsidize the cost because they make so much of your monthly service, but they're not gonna just keep handing them out like candy.
    06-12-08 11:33 AM
    Let me remind you that is like buying insurance after you wreck your car, can you say fraud. I don't think it is right that someone scr@ws everyone else that has legit insurance. You may not go to jail but eventually you jack the price up of insurance.
    Last edited by Threefive; 06-12-08 at 12:29 PM.
    06-12-08 11:43 AM
    "If a company screws their customers like that to make $10 extra a month then I say they deserve being ripped off."

Right, the cellphone companies have no right to charge extra for such services. Even if you've done your homework and know upfront what they charge, and agree to it, it's a flat-out rippoff so you're justified in screwing them if at all possible.

You're also justified in stealing cable, etc etc etc etc etc

And the rest of us pay for it...
    06-12-08 12:34 PM
    "If a company screws their customers like that to make $10 extra a month then I say they deserve being ripped off."

Right, the cellphone companies have no right to charge extra for such services. Even if you've done your homework and know upfront what they charge, and agree to it, it's a flat-out rippoff so you're justified in screwing them if at all possible.

You're also justified in stealing cable, etc etc etc etc etc

And the rest of us pay for it...
    The cell phone companies have EVERY right to charge for VZ Navigator service. They just don't have the right to lock the GPS functionality so it ONLY works with VZ Navigator. The GPS is something that came with the phone and since you bought the phone, you should be able to use it however you want (e.g. Use GPS with Google Maps or Beyond411, etc.)

Understand what people are saying before you flaunt your sarcasm.
    06-12-08 02:51 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD