Can some one tell me what to do about my first row of keys acting up. If I push send the 4 comes up, the menu key gives me (We). Pressing down on the track ball and I get x7 and the back button gives me (x). There is no moisture damage. The tag is still white. Do anyone have any suggestions.
    Last edited by PPK lead; 05-02-09 at 07:20 AM.
    05-02-09 06:46 AM
    If it is still under warranty, take it to a retail store, show them
    what it is doing and request a warranty exchange.
    05-02-09 07:56 AM
    That's more of a hardware issue. As AG stated, have it replaced through warranty if you're still within the first year of purchase

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 08:01 AM
    Thank everyone for there replay. I called and they wanted $190 to service my phone. So I spent $10 for my own phone tool kit and fixed it myself. Works great now...... :-)
    05-03-09 11:13 AM
    hey my phone does the same thing... what did you do to fix it?
    05-03-09 11:25 PM
    MY phone is doing this EXACT same thing!!!
    Did you (or anybody reading this forum) figure out what to do?
    PLEASE tell me if you did.
    Thank you!
    07-04-09 12:17 AM
    does anybosy know what to doo?
    07-10-09 10:08 AM
    SAME EXACT PROBLEM. My Send gave me x7!! I tried reinstalling the software and now its a 4, but same problem. Can't even do reset! Can't do anything!! Please tell us about this tool kit and how to fix it!! THANKS!!!

oh and its only 2 months out of warranty!! grr
    07-19-09 12:29 AM
    I had my pearl replaced through warranty over different issues but the replacement had 4 buttons that did this to me. Talk about MAD! I wasn't comfortable taking my phone apart so I just had them replace it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:42 AM
    well while im about to email this dude (im sure u saw where that was going) i managed to delete pretty much everything on my blackberry via the application loader, and i wasnt paying much attention but i do know when i looked at it it said it was loading something? but as that was happeneding i hit the cord by accident and it disconnected and desktop manager said fatal error occured. anyway then my blackberry shows a list of like 10 thing in black/white screen.. none of the selections worked, some kind of error, but the enter did work!! tried reinstalling software but now the computer couldnt even recognize the phone!! not even the desktop manager was registering. but i proceeded with application manager and did update software which is where im at now.. its been "connecting to device" for about 10 mins but im thinkin its a good thing. the hourglass is there now too.. color and movement =) ill keep yous "posted" haha
    07-19-09 01:11 AM
    still scared.. got a couple pictures now for menu.. aim icon has color.. keys were working but out of nowhere BAM SAME **** but then they work.. idk im trying to reinstall software now..
    07-19-09 01:19 AM
    WOOOHOOO! its only been a few key strokes but everything is working fine.

While my blackberry was in scary black/white mode i did manage to wipe handheld,keys messed up couple times, but i got it to reset and right now its like a brand new phone!

I'd like to thank the mods for makin my "posted" joke worthless!! but i appreciate your dedicated work and your forums. You have to understand I was goin thru withdraw there and you gotta do what you gotta do!

Goes to show tech support and t-mobile people suck and all it takes is a little persitence and determination. I don't plan on trying to restore ANYTHING I backed up because its like a computer, and you don't want any bad things you had on there before you fixed it.

Anywaysss im gonna play with my blackberry. If anyone has questions ask and ill write a tutorial or somethin
    07-19-09 01:50 AM
    forget everything i said... got excited too quick.. i did add contacts from my sim card but i dont think that did it.. sigh.. idk im givin up someone get a hold of that guy and ask him about this kit. im goin to bed its 3am.
    07-19-09 02:07 AM
    Anyone have any current information on buttons getting mixed up? My top row is also showing the EXACT same problems. I reinstalled my OS to the latest avail, battery pulled, and took out sim.

My phone is NOT under warranty.

when pressing the following buttons, the following occurs:
    answer key = 4, menu key = ew, trackball = 7

due to this my phone will not make or receive phone calls because the answer key is "4".
    03-21-10 01:14 AM
    I have the same EXACT problem.
    06-23-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD