I got a BB pearl 8120 on Orange network and trying to set it up with the tomtom traffic.

It finds the phone even though it is not listed on the phone list. It connects and goes through the set up.

Once it is done it wont connect to the bb for the traffic.

Does nayone know how to do this or can help me to get it connected. I do alot of driving and it would help me so much as i always seem to get stuck in the traffic.

Thanks
    Last edited by sorted16v; 04-25-09 at 03:41 AM.
    04-25-09 03:38 AM
    I have had this same problem trying to connect my boss' TomTom One to my Sprint 8130 via Bluetooth in order to update it... from the searches I have done, they are apparently not compatible with each other, or no one has found a way to get them to connect. They both recognize each other, however, they will not establish a data connection.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    04-25-09 01:07 PM
    Been trying to do this gave up on it as can't get it if someone got a fix greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 03:19 PM
    I'm not sure if the Perl can do it, but you need to set up what's called "Tethering". Do a search and you should find instructions. When prompted, set up the connection manually and follow the directions in the tethering docs. I was able to set up my BB 8320 and my Father In Law's TomTom One XL*S and it worked great!
    05-22-09 08:45 PM
    Pretty simple for CDMA carriers...
    set up the data connection manually
    username: phonenumber
    password: 1234
    dial: #777
    Last edited by sandsjh; 05-23-09 at 01:26 AM. Reason: cdm
    05-23-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD