Hey I was just wondering if anyone has heard or what the news is about sprint coming out with a new OS that will allow blackberry's to connect to their MMS server? I would really like to take advantage of the camera on the phone and send pictures messages.

Is this just a dream? haha
    08-24-08 03:08 PM
    Yeah, most likely just a dream only. I doubt that Sprint will ever unlock it. They seem to be pretty solid, in their decision.
    08-24-08 03:10 PM
    yes i figured it was a dream... I talked to a guy the other day at the store and he said there was something possibly in the works but it was not for the pearl but another model. but thats just hear say, but it would be nice if they would UN block in their next OS.
    08-24-08 03:15 PM
    It has nothing to do with the OS. It's a Sprint thing. Options: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fas...-8330-a-57712/
    08-24-08 03:50 PM
    if sprint comes out with a new OS that implenents their MMS server to the OS then you would be able to use an MMS function

I called sprint and had this conversation with them they keep telling me to do

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    which does not work!

I see there is a work around but this is 2 much work when sprint could easily implement there mms server to the operatiing system and all sprint customers could have picture messaging.
    08-24-08 04:05 PM
    RIM creates the BB OS not Sprint.

Try deleting "Sent From By BB........." That should help the workaround that they told you.
    08-24-08 04:12 PM
    does sprint not make patches for the OS?
    08-24-08 05:21 PM
    If it was an OS issue, all of us with 4.5 from other carriers would be able to use MMS.
    08-24-08 05:30 PM
    i see, do you think that rim and sprint will come to an agreement where this feature will become active? this is the main question... i really just want to know will I ever be able to use picture messaging ha
    08-24-08 05:32 PM
    Did you try what I posted on #6? I know it's not the same, but it should work. RIMM really has nothing to do with it though. Many other carrier have MMS with their BBs. It is all on what the carrier supports. Current, Sprint, for whatever reason, doesn't support it. I've heard they're working on it though.
    08-24-08 05:35 PM
    yes I talked to a guy from sprint and he was saying as of now its in the works for other models but not the pearl, so say this becomes reality and mms are going to become capable with sprint what would we as users have to do to get this function active on our phones?
    08-24-08 05:37 PM
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone has heard or what the news is about sprint coming out with a new OS that will allow blackberry's to connect to their MMS server? I would really like to take advantage of the camera on the phone and send pictures messages.

Is this just a dream? haha
    Pardon my ignorance but I did not know that Sprint doesn't allow MMS on their network. WOW!!!!
    08-24-08 05:43 PM
    yes it sucks and not to mention that their billing department can not seem to bill me correctly either. 5 out of my last 6 bills they have overcharged me by 60 dollars or more, and I call every month and they sorry oops sorry our fault
    08-24-08 06:05 PM
    yes it sucks and not to mention that their billing department can not seem to bill me correctly either. 5 out of my last 6 bills they have overcharged me by 60 dollars or more, and I call every month and they sorry oops sorry our fault

Yeah, they're def known for their crappy CS!
    08-24-08 06:07 PM
    Good thing I got away from them when I did. Actually I was on the Nextel side.
    08-24-08 06:11 PM
    yes I talked to a guy from sprint and he was saying as of now its in the works for other models but not the pearl, so say this becomes reality and mms are going to become capable with sprint what would we as users have to do to get this function active on our phones?
    This is really got me wondering!

Why does it matter what phone you're using? Really all you're doing is sending an email with the picture attached and you get an SMS reply with the picture. I know you have to delete the "Sent from my BB..." in the email sig, but it should work. I wouldn't put too much into what you're told by the Sprint reps. As I said before, their known for being inconsisent.
    08-24-08 06:13 PM
    There are two BB $30 plans in there system. Have them remove the BB plan and re-add it. Make sure it is the $30 unlimited BB plan. I have the plan code somewhere I will try to locate it for you.
    08-24-08 06:30 PM
    The Sprint Rep is just feeding you a line of crap. First of all, Sprint doesn't have a MMS server. The use their own software platform called PictureMail. The Nextel side has the MMS server and their five year old BB does MMS.
    08-24-08 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD