Is there a way to reset your bb settings to default factory settings?
    06-01-08 12:52 AM
    Set a password. Enter it incorrectly 10 times. Enter the word blackberry when prompted. The bb will reset to factory-out-of-the-box condition and the password will be removed.

This technique will remove all personal information from the device. It will NOT restore the factory OS if you've upgraded it. That you have to do separately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 01:00 AM
    Menu/Options/Security Options/General Settings/Menu/Wipe Handheld/ Enter Blackberry as password when prompted.
    06-01-08 01:25 AM
    Does the above method do any thing differently then going into the security options and wiping the handheld?
    06-01-08 01:32 AM
    Both techniques have the same result. The manual technique I described can be used when a bb is password locked and you don't know the password. After it wipes, the phone is usable again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 01:35 AM
    So say if you deleted the optional language packages such as French and Espanyol; would those come back as well or once you delete something it's gone forever?
    06-01-08 10:33 AM
    If you have installed your OS on your desktop, you can reinstall languages with the Application Loader. Wiping the bb won't do it. If you didn't install your OS on your desktop before the wipe, you still can after. Installing the OS on the desktop doesn't depend on the bb.

The steps in this procedure by Stoner will guide you through reinstalling the OS and removing any features you don't need. You should perform the memory saving steps as well, not just the OS install.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-01-08 10:53 AM
    1) how would I save my OS on my desktop?

2) Is there a way to find out how much memory I have without the media card?
    06-01-08 11:01 AM
    1) Follow the steps in the procedure I sent you in Post #7.

2) Options/Status/File Free:
    06-01-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD