Newbie here, only had the phone (8130) about a week and I was wondering how I could free up some space on the phone by removing the Sprint-loaded application such as Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store. I went through options>advanced options>applications, but it doesn't appear that they are listed there (which I didn't think they would be).

Does anyone have a way to do this?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    06-19-08 09:57 PM
    Not sure. I see them both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 10:04 PM
    Not sure. I see them both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just meant that they do not appear in the applications list that would allow me to delete them if I wished. Their icons do appear in my homescreen though.
    06-19-08 10:08 PM
    You can go into options, advance options, service books and delete them there. Problem is if you have to resend your service books for any reason, the deleted items will come back. I did this for the above mentioned plus AOL and all that crap.
    06-19-08 11:08 PM
    ERDude, will removing these adversely affect anything with the phone? What does resending service books mean?
    06-19-08 11:17 PM
    Mike, you shouldn't have a problem I deleted them all to get rid of the icons on the stupid programs I'll never use.

If for some reason your phone has problems or you can't get e-mails you can resend the service books from Sprints BIS site. I did it when I received my Curve and have had zero problems.
    06-19-08 11:19 PM
    So what did I exactly do by removing the service books?
    06-19-08 11:36 PM
    You removed those particular services from your phone.
    06-20-08 12:58 PM
    Thanks ER dude! I've been trying to figure out how to delete those obnoxious programs for a year now.
    04-27-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD