My phone is on Loud, but the text alert vibrates and I don't see how to make the text alert loud

Newbie here...any suggestions?
    Last edited by ariesjmt; 05-14-09 at 06:51 PM.
    05-14-09 06:03 PM
    Go to your sound profiles and then advanced options. Then highlight the profile you want (in your case loud). Then press the menu key and choose edit. Scroll down to SMS messages and select it. Then make sure the notification is set to tone.

Hope that helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 09:36 PM
    Here is a great link to help you edit a profile...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    05-14-09 09:45 PM
    PERFECT...thanks.

oh, and I am going to the link right now
    05-15-09 03:42 PM
    Just as long as you don't want to make it vibrate louder, then we can't help you lol
    05-15-09 03:43 PM
    Just as long as you don't want to make it vibrate louder, then we can't help you lol
    LOL!!!
    05-15-09 03:53 PM
    Quick question: does the intensity of the vibrating deteriorate over time? I have mine set to vibrate twice then play the tone. Well, when I first got my phone last year, it would vibrate really strong. Now, I barely notice it vibrating in the case, and I only realize I have a message when the tone starts playing.
    05-19-09 02:45 AM
    Perhaps your body just got used to the feel of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:44 AM
    Quick question: does the intensity of the vibrating deteriorate over time? I have mine set to vibrate twice then play the tone. Well, when I first got my phone last year, it would vibrate really strong. Now, I barely notice it vibrating in the case, and I only realize I have a message when the tone starts playing.
    Are you using a leather holster/belt clip? On my old phone (non-BB), it was more difficult to feel the vibration when the leather case became stretched out and was no longer snug on the phone. That would make it less efficient to transfer the vibrations to your body. Thats why I use the seidio clip holster with my Pearl (awesomeness)
    05-21-09 02:41 PM
    Are you using a leather holster/belt clip? On my old phone (non-BB), it was more difficult to feel the vibration when the leather case became stretched out and was no longer snug on the phone. That would make it less efficient to transfer the vibrations to your body. Thats why I use the seidio clip holster with my Pearl (awesomeness)
    I'm using the OtterBox Defender case, so I don't think it has anything to do with the case becoming stretched out.
    05-21-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD