I just got the new blackberry pearl and i have 2 problems with it the first is the 160 character limit that exists with Verizon. i used to the pearl with cingular and i never had this problem before. whenever with cingular i would go over the 160 it would just start a second page. my old verizon flip phone would do the same thing and just create a second page.is there any way around this on the pearl.

and the second would be that whenever people send me texts especially at nights i recieve them two three hours later. for example last night my friend sent me a text at 2:13 am and i didnt get it til 10:03 this morning. how can i fix this?

thanks in advance.
    07-03-08 10:20 PM
    There is no work around for the 160 character limit. That's the SMS standard for 7-bit alphabets. You can receive longer messages, you just can't send them.

I haven't experienced delayed texts, but I don't text very much. Does it also happen with email?
    07-03-08 10:48 PM
    Try doing a battery pull. Leave out for 30-60 seconds then put back in. Just out of curiosity what carrier is your friend. I know if I send stuff from my berry (Cingular) to verizon It may take an hour or two for them to receive it. I think it's because your dealing with two different technologies CDMA vs. GSM
    07-03-08 10:52 PM
    Don't quote me on this, but I have read to compose long texts as "mms" instead of "sms", supposedly they will appear as normal text but not have a limit.....never tried.

I had the same problem with delayed texts and e-mails for a while. Verizon provided numerous excuses and submitted countless "work tickets", then one day it just stopped. Every now and again my phone receives but stops sending everything. I soft reset it with the free program I downloaded and all is well.
    07-03-08 11:37 PM
    I have faced problems with receiving delayed texts many times...maybe its like rask67 says...and maybe its just normal between diff carriers.
    07-03-08 11:39 PM
    Donas is correct. If you compose a text in mms format, you can bypass the 160 character limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 11:40 PM
    I cant create mms on my alltel pearl
    07-03-08 11:55 PM
    Alltel has mms capabilities. How are you attempting to compose your message?

07-04-08 12:10 AM
    There is a known problem with Alltel MMS. Here's a long thread on the subject: http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/fix...-alltel-17993/
    07-04-08 07:13 AM
    Donas is correct. If you compose a text in mms format, you can bypass the 160 character limit.

jenaywins and Donas are correct. MMS can give you up to 960 characters. Since MMS is sent as data, not text, it may be billed differently, depending on your plan. You need to check that so you don't get any unpleasant surprise on your bill. And finally, Verizon does not provide MMS on the 8830, because it doesn't have a camera. So if any of your friends have 8830's, the MMS work-around won't work for them. They won't receive the message.
    07-04-08 07:29 AM
    ok, i found it,,,, a way to use your BB's browser to email pics to a phone number:

http://
    pics.811
    .com/

will send pics from a computer or phone to a phone number,,, this is very helpful, so now my wife can send me pics off her razor to my Pearl, and vice versa,,, and i don't have to wait for Alltel and Blackberry to grow up, solve their deferences and let us do it like everyone else can.

back to lovin my BB

I did this from my Alltel Pearl 8130 to a razor, and also from my home pc to 8130
    07-04-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD