I just got my Pearl and set up my accounts. For some reason my main e-mail I set up is where my text messages are ending up... they arent showing up in my "Blackberry Messenger" section. I sent a few and received a few and they wont stay separate.

Also, I cant find a place to add alerts to when I get a new text message, how can I make it ding or something?

ALSO, is there a way to make the phone ring AND vibrate during calls?

Love this forum, glad Im here to participate now!
    12-05-07 12:06 AM
    to change the ringtone go into <profiles>then <advanced> you will then see a list that includes Loud, Vibrate,quiet, normal etc. If you click on each one of these you will see another list that lets you choose your own preferences for each aplication ie:browser alert, calendar alert, mms, text etc here you will c the option to chose vibrate & ring.
    12-05-07 12:38 AM
    and to separate your sms and emails go into your <messages> then click on drop down menu(the one that looks like a cluster of dots) scroll down to and click on <options> choose <general options> scroll down until u see sms and email boxes and you will have 3 options theme controlled (don't know what that means), combined and separate. click on separate. DONE good luck!
    12-05-07 12:43 AM
    Thanks so much!
    12-05-07 01:19 AM
    There is also a shortcut to profiles in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. It looks like a speaker just below the signal strength bars. If you click on the speaker, your profiles will come up. Then follow the directions in the post above. I use that shortcut to change profiles when i want to go to quiet and back to vibrate. Also you can press and hold the #key to toggle from vibrate to the active profile and back. I have set up a couple of other profiles in "advanced" so that i can have my phone ring but not be bothered all day with emails until I want to read them.
    12-05-07 06:26 AM
    One more thing. Blackberry Messenger is a separate application that is used to I'm with other BB users, it has nothing to do with regular text messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-07 06:43 AM
    tce921, are you saying you can click on the speaker below the signal and not have to search for it in the long list of apps?
    12-05-07 09:40 AM
    Only if you have a specific theme active..

You can change your theme based on what you want your homescreen to look like!

The 'L' theme has this speaker.. basically the icons go down the left and bottom side of the screen, but if you flick the pearl over to the upper right, there is a dedicated phone icon for profiles..
    12-05-07 12:20 PM
    If you disable dialing from the home screen, pressing "F" will open your Notification ProFiles control.
    12-05-07 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD