can anyone tell me how to send text message pictures on my 8130 to another phone that is not a bb my provider is alltel if that has anything to do with it also what exactly does sms text mean
    06-22-08 12:32 AM
    Send it as an MMS
    06-22-08 12:36 AM
    hello there g
    06-22-08 01:56 AM
    go to messages and hit the menu button. Hit compose mms, and this will bring up your address book. Click the name of the recipient for you mms or click [use once] to enter a new number for someone not currently in your add book. If you choose to send it to someone with multiple phone numbers listed under them select the one you want. This will bring up the message entry screen(where you enter text). Enter something if you choose, or if you just want to send a picture, hit menu and your choices will appear. You can add pictures, videos, voice notes, addresses, or appointments. For you choose add picture and then select the pic you want to send. This will insert the pic. Click the trackball down and scroll up to send.

Message sent.
    06-22-08 08:59 PM
    Alltel does support MMS at this time, it is not an option, you can only send pictures via blackberry messenger to other blackberry's yahoo messenger to anyone that has the yahoo messenger app on their phone, or use an established email account on your blackberry to send the pic as an attachment to anyone's phone email address. For example I have a friend on Verizon with the Envy, I sent pictures to their number [email protected].
    Hopes this helps...
    06-23-08 10:42 AM
    I have heard Alltel was to to have a upgrade. Any truth to this. Also any advice to learn BB messenger?
    06-23-08 10:59 AM
    Yeah Alltel keeps saying the upgrade is coming in the format of an OTA flash upgrade, but nothing yet...
    06-23-08 11:11 AM
    As with Blackberry messenger, you simply get BB users pin number from them, most on here list it in their profile, then you add them to your address book, and be sure all bb users in your address book have the field PIN filled in, then open bb msgr, press menu>add contact, scroll to their name in the address book after you have added the pin of course and select them and it will sent them a message asking if you can add them just like yahoo or aim or msn, once they have accepted you can message them, sent files back and forth....
    06-23-08 11:30 AM
    sprint desperately needs an MMS upgrade as well
    06-23-08 12:20 PM
    how do i find out what kind of os my phone is running?
    06-23-08 06:21 PM
    menu->options->about

3rd line down is your os v4.xxxxxxx
    06-24-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD