Hello! I just got my pearl this week, coming from a treo 700p... Don't miss that brick!

What I'm looking for is some kind of setting, or alert for messages. When I get a text message or email on the pearl it makes the noise, BUT what I need is for the screen to come up.

I need this because I'm on the road A LOT and I have the phone in a holster facing me, and if I have the radio on, I don't always hear a small alert for a message. So I need the screen to at flash, or come up.

Can y'all help me?????
    06-01-08 06:07 PM
    If you search I read somewhere on here that they made an app to turn the screen on when you get a SMS.

Not sure it will work with email though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 09:55 AM
    You may also want to try setting it to vibrate? Then you would just feel it. The BB vibrations aren't super strong but if its on your hip it'll do the job.

But yes there is an app floating around out here in CB land.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 10:17 AM
    click on profiles and scroll down to Advanced
    for whichever mode you're in click on the menu button and go to Edit
    then you can change your alerts for SMS, MMS, Blackberry Messenger, or whatever you want

Hope that helps!
    06-02-08 10:46 AM
    i believe there is no setting on the BB that allows the screen to come on when you receive a SMS or email. The program mentioned above works for SMS but i haven't heard if it works for emails...good luck though! welcome to CB!
    06-02-08 12:10 PM
    Thanks all - i'm going to do some digging and see what I can come up with.

Does anyone know if that program called phonepix (makes caller id full screen) is compadable with the verizon 8130?
    06-03-08 12:18 AM
    I hate to be a nag, but I've done some digging, can anyone point me to the exact program I would need to have the screen come up when a text comes in????
    06-04-08 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD