I am trying to run a third party software (geovision bbview, it should allow me remote access to my security cameras).

According to the bbview instructions I need to:

1. To activate TCP/IP connection on your BlackBerry, check your service provider for the correct APN (Access Point Name) and configure the APN on your phone. (e.g. go to Options and TCP)

My phone does not have TCP options. (Pearl 8130 on verizon).

When I first try to connect my phone gives the following message:

The application BBView has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this:

I click yes.

Then I get the following Debug form:

TCP Connection Error
    TCP Connection Error
    RUN
    ERROR:java.io.IOException:
    Timed out

Any thoughts? Verizon tech support was no help. It is trying to connect over port 8866.

Thanks,
    Will
    03-14-09 09:57 PM
    Will, good to see a fellow geovision user. I just got my new v8.3 system working with my verizon storm. What are your connection settings in the bbview program? Do you have a static Ip or dynamic on the geovision server? What version geovision do you have installed? And last, what routers and modem are you using.
    03-16-09 08:49 PM
    Hi, I'm also having issues using BBview.

I have 8.3 all setup...all ports forwarded properly..I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I keep Getting:

Login Connection Error

on the Blackberry

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Rick
    03-20-09 12:35 PM
    Damn. Maybe I have to get a storm after all. It doesn't work on my pearl. Perhaps someone who has it working on their blackberry would attempt to log on to my cameras. Anyone interested let me know and I'll give a temporary login.

Thanks,

Will
    03-20-09 01:15 PM
    Hi, I've gotten a bit further but no real luck.

I'd love to see if its my server or my phone, you want to trade login info to test?

Rick
    03-20-09 01:25 PM
    I joined this forum specificaly for the BBView issue, but I can not send you a PM or email because my posts is less than 10.

My email is: rcassidy(AT)cassidydevelopment.net

emailme and maybe we can test a few things out thx

Rick
    03-20-09 01:29 PM
    1. Make sure your router has port 8866 enabled and forwarding to your Geovision server ip address.
    2. Make sure your firewall program has port 8866 open/added.
    3. Make sure your Geovision's Webcam server is running with Mobile and JPG (go to their tabs) enabled.
    4. Install BBview to your Blackberry, create connection with your ip/web address, port (8866), user name and password. Select connect.
    Picture quality not as good as watching youtube but works.
    03-24-09 01:02 PM
    Webtrotter,

I have done all the things you outlined with no luck. My geovision login shows a failed login attempt. My blackberry shows an IOexeption.

If you are willing to try to log onto my system email me as I can't PM yet.

wgb (at) bellsouth (dot) net

Thanks,
    Will
    03-24-09 09:47 PM
    Based on the symptoms, it doesn't seem to be your Blackberry but a connection problem. Somewhere between the router-firewall-Geovision Webserver. If you have JPG enabled, you should be able to go to your system's web or ip address using your Blackberry's Browser and be able to get snapshots from your cameras (select jpeg and if it displays "Camera Disabled," just click refresh). You could also access it from a remote computer via Internet Explorer and download the activex file to view live video. If any of these two works, you are using the correct login information. In that case, I can only assume the router or firewall is the cause.
    Last edited by webtrotter; 03-25-09 at 01:43 AM.
    03-25-09 01:23 AM
    I have set everything as I should, opened port 8866 forward it to Server's IP address, I enabled Mobile connection and JPG, but only thing I get is Getting key message trying to connect, it can be like that forever, it never gives me an error, it goes in from 0 to 100 in the progress bar saying Please wait but one it gts to 100 it begins again, it has been in that loop since this morning after I have checked and try different settings.

It's frustrating, after waiting for this for so long it's not working for me.
    04-08-09 02:27 PM
    I got my storm 9530 Verizon just working. Left the APN Settings Enabled checked--did nothing else.
    IP Host in my case is: _________.dipmap.com:84
    Port 8866
    Login/Password as needed.
    Set my WebCam Server & Network Port Settings per instructions.
    This worked for me so good luck.
    Last edited by blkgold321; 04-11-09 at 03:11 AM.
    04-11-09 03:03 AM
    I too am looking for an answer to this issue too. I am however using geovision software 6.05 on the cam server. (With Webcam enabled of course). My GV card is an older 800V3 so i cant use the updated server software but im cool with that.

Does anyone know if the server end has to be 8.3 also to get bbview working?
    06-05-09 11:29 AM
    Just set BBView on my Verizon Blackberry Here is what we had to do.

Open up ports 8890 on the router and make sure on the mobile tab on the geovision (8.3) software this is the active port for mobile.
    On the JPG tab for webcam, make sure jpg is checked
    Use http port 85 as the default port for webcam and open it in the router instead of 80

then login either XX.XX.XX.XX:85
    Port 8890
    User ID
    password

or XXXXX.dipmap.com:85
    Port 8890
    User
    Password
    07-01-09 07:41 PM
    some blackberrys are CDMA duhh... so make sure to enable 3gpp along with mobile and make sure jpeg and gif images and checked and the ports 8866 5511 the http port and the other common web ports such as 4550 6550 5550 5552 and then the 3gpp port 8554
    12-17-09 06:34 PM
    I had the same issue with a clients blackberry (2 of them)
    make sure Geovision has 3gp turned on jpg checked mobile checked
    all the TCP and UDP ports are mapped (UDP 17300-17380) and your camera system has a static IP (duh)
    if that does not work do this

Check the remote desktop view tab under f9 settings (geovision software)
    update your blackberry to the newest update 5. something turn off wifi and use the the blackberry's web browser enter your ip or host name in the url field next enter your username and password then choose 3g then pick your camera.

by the way the curve 8530 my client had will not work with the BBview software locked the phone up and gave the TCP error.
    02-26-10 06:36 PM
    I too having a problem with BBView on my VZW Storm2. All worked fine for months (even behind a BES server) until my workplace migrated us to Exchange 2010. Now I get "TCP error message" when I open my Live connection BBView app. Any thoughts?
    02-07-11 03:52 PM
    Will, good to see a fellow geovision user. I just got my new v8.3 system working with my verizon storm. What are your connection settings in the bbview program? Do you have a static Ip or dynamic on the geovision server? What version geovision do you have installed? And last, what routers and modem are you using.
    I 2 am having BBview connection problem. GV800 version 8.3. AT&T router (called 2wire), static connection. My BBview connection settings are:
    xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    user name
    password

Strange enough I can use the Bberry internet browser settings and get to my GV800 DVR only if I'm in a WiFi hotspot using HTTP. So the router and ports are working OK, but same does not work when not in WiFi location. When not in hotspot BBView method produces tcp errors. Any suggestions?
    02-08-11 06:42 PM
    If your BB is in a BES, have your system admin to check the firewall settings. port 8866 should be open for BES.
    12-16-11 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD