I'm using the 8120 and this is my first smartphone, so I'm a bit clueless... I only have unlimited text messaging with my AT&T service... what am I able to do for FREE with my berry? Can I do bb messenger/IMs, browse the web, use local WiFi, etc... or does that all cost extra monthly? I'm sorry if this is obvious question, just was hoping there was a way around having to pay extra to use these cool features.
    10-02-08 05:44 PM
    Mosts apps that connect to the internet need a BB data plan. You can use wifi for free. For IM you can purchase JiveTalk. It will work over wifi.
    10-02-08 05:47 PM
    Hello cangler! To be able to use bb messenger, you'll be require to add the data package. Also using your wifi is free. You should be able to connect to any wifi service you pick up as long as the connection is not password protected and browse through wifi. Other than that, w/o the blackberry data package there isn't much you can do than can be free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 05:50 PM
    You should be able to connect to any wifi service you pick up as long as the connection is not password protected
    Not entirely true. encrypted connections can be used if you has the key for the network.
    10-02-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD