I found out tonight (after 2 hours with customer service at RIM) that the new Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset that I bought to go with my new Pearl-2 has not actually been tested by RIM...

Wow. Someone should tell T-mobile they might want to get a headset that's been tested....

I've been having lots of problems with the headset. I took it back and tried another. Same problem (sound cuts in and out --even with all network services disabled). I've gone through 3 levels of tech support at RIM. They've downloaded an app on my phone to retrieve the event logs and they're trying to figure this out.

UGH!

--Larry
    04-23-08 01:48 AM
    Does it cut in and out if you stay still, or it does not matter?
    04-23-08 01:53 AM
    Wow that's crappy let us know how it turns out for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 03:00 AM
    RIM tech support sent me a link to the one (are there more?) stereo bluetooth headset that has been [allegedly] tested with BB's: The headset is the Plantronics Pulsar 260 Bluetooth Stereo Headset:

<i'm forced to remove the URL because I'm not allowed to post them until I have 10 posts. brilliant.>

The problem with the Plantronics solution is that it's GOT WIRES!!! What's Up with that??? I purchased the 8120 (and powered down my beloved 8100 pearl-1 that my wife calls "the other woman") for the stereo bluetooth [that doesn't work!!]

Come on RIM.... Bluetooth is all about GOING WIRELESS.

And, how about encouraging the network operators to carry only headsets that have been tested? Now there's an idea!

--Larry
    04-23-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD