Ok, I know this is a double post but I wasn't sure if I'd get replies in the T-Mo forum since I wasn't sure if it was T-Mo US specific?

So as much as I like BlackBerrys, this Pearl is god awful.
    Fair enough, I came from a Bold to this (Long story, Orange were changing price plans and I needed a new phone quick yada yada)

Anyways, I have that Pay Once deal, so currently my BIS account has unlimited internet & email until like, next September. So I really don't want to lose out on this, but I DO NOT WANT THIS FRIGGIN' PHONE!

It freezes, all the time. Then it takes about a century to reboot.
    Music player just randomly stops working sometimes
    Phone is slow
    And SureType, even though it's better than I expected, is still not as good as it's cracked up to be.

So finally, my question is:

If I went into my T-Mo store, or rang T-Mo UK, do you think they will let me change phones?

And what I mean by this is do you:

a. Think they'll refund the handset price and just let me buy a new BlackBerry and apply my BIS account to that?
    b. Give me a different model BB and make me pay like 30/40quid?
    c. Be lame as **** and say "Well, we can change the Pearl for another one"

Thanks.
    11-03-09 04:25 PM
    the pearl is a great phone please dont come into the pearl section and ream on it..

phone freezing : do a software update you should be fine
    should also fix the music player issue.
    phone is slow: you may have to many apps, pull the battery, delete your cache on the internet.
    suretype on the other hand, at first its annoying but you can get used to it.

only thing i could see them doing is fixing your phone via doa or by repairing it.
    11-03-09 08:31 PM
    I know it's not as terrible as I'm making it out to be.
    But it's just not the phone I want. I believe I'd be much happier with a Curve.
    11-04-09 01:31 AM
    My Pearl was freezing tooooooo! I had to get a new one Go to T-Mobile & threaten to leave if they don't let you exchange phones. They're desperate for your service & will do pretty much anything to get you to stay.
    11-04-09 04:06 PM
    I got a pearl yesterday and I'm happy with it suretype is way better than the god awful t9 that all other phones have everything runs smooth and the sms app is better than that on most Windows Mobile phones. The only thing that is winding me up is that I've got to wait until Friday to get the BlackBerry Internet and email bolt on added to my T-Mobile Solo 20 contract other than that I'm happy with my pearl.

Roland
    11-09-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD