OK. For the past year, I have used my BB for everything. I have all my contacts and Calendar events in there. I use the contacts field for birthdays and anniversaries so it's more automated...
    I have gmail but terrified of syncing, because everyone says it does not work. Everyone says it only brings in new data, not existing calendar events. I'm not about to type everything in again. I do not have outlook and never used it.
    I recently discovered this Windows Contacts and Windows Calendar feature on Vista but that has it's problems as well.
    Importing Contacts is easy, and all the fields come through, but I can't sync the calendar and the birthdays in the contacts field does not automatically go into the Windows Calendar program....
    What gives. Any suggestions? I don't want to just have the BB as a sole handler of all my data. I would like to view it on my desktop.
    Thanks
    08-13-08 10:44 AM
    No one can help me out?
    08-13-08 03:11 PM
    OK. For the past year, I have used my BB for everything. I have all my contacts and Calendar events in there. I use the contacts field for birthdays and anniversaries so it's more automated...
    I have gmail but terrified of syncing, because everyone says it does not work. Everyone says it only brings in new data, not existing calendar events. I'm not about to type everything in again. I do not have outlook and never used it.
    I recently discovered this Windows Contacts and Windows Calendar feature on Vista but that has it's problems as well.
    Importing Contacts is easy, and all the fields come through, but I can't sync the calendar and the birthdays in the contacts field does not automatically go into the Windows Calendar program....
    What gives. Any suggestions? I don't want to just have the BB as a sole handler of all my data. I would like to view it on my desktop.
    Thanks
    The Birthday and Anniversay problem also exist in Outlook as well. It is my belief they way those fields are coded on the BB does not translate well in other program ie Outlook, Windows Contacts, Gmail, Yahoo.
    08-13-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD