I have a new Pearl 8130, Verizon is my carrier and I am bewildered over calendar sync problems.

I purchased the Pearl based on the salesperson advice that it would sync with my MS Outlook and or Yahoo Calendar.

I am running windows XP Media Center Edition and I have premium Yahoo services which I pay the annual subscription for.

Sync will only work for a brief period of time and then wants to delete most of my calendar items. I selected sync all items and on the device I selected keep appointments forever. Every time I try to sync now for some reason when the Desktop Manager begins running and while reading fro the device calendar it indicates 68 items in spite of the fact that the device and Yahoo Calendar have approx 2000 or more items. Then the device wants to delete items from my Yahoo Calendar.

I have received one replacement device in an attempt to correct this to no avail. The replacement worked briefly and now hands the same errors.

The most recent problem in syncing is a connector specific error, note that I am using the Blackberry supplied cable and there has been no damage to the device or cable whatsoever. I can tether the device using this cable and change sync options but when I try to sync it partially processes then fails with this error message.

I have tried loading the software and syncing with both my desktop and laptop to determine of it was a computer issue but the results were the same.

Tech support at Verizon helped me download the latest device software and this didn�t help either.

Please help, if you have any empathy in the world as this has been an incredible hassle and letdown from my high expectations for my very first Blackberry device.
    04-12-08 05:36 PM
    here are a couple ideas. I have XP and outlook as well.
    when i have used the 2 way sync with outlook it wants to delete all my past appointments in the outlook calendar. to get around this I set the sync options in desk top manager to go one way - from outlook to blackberry.

when i first synced i set options to sync "all scheduled items." then i changed it to "transfer only future items".

did you start from scratch with the new replacement? ... uninstall software and then reinstall for the new device. reboot computer or laptop. all the usual things.
    04-14-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD