I've got until Tuesday (May 12th) to decide if I want to keep my pearl or swap to a curve.

So far, I absolutely love the pearl. The form factor is amazing (coming from a treo), suretype is actually very fast, and the keys seem very spacious, even if there are 2 letters per key. It has also cut down on typos tremendously.

The 2 drawbacks are the small screen when browsing (wikipedia is getting me through school) and reading emails and the inability to quickly switch between the 2 input methods.

I've got to load epocrates (medical software) soon, and I can only imagine the train wreck sure-type would be with drug names (although first hand info would be greatly appreciated). I have a nasty habit of forgetting that I swapped for a specific field and ending up with a mess by the end.

Are there any ways to either map sure-type --> multi tap to an external button or keyboard? If so, I might just sacrifice the screen size for the form factor and suretype capabilities.

Thanks,
    Sarc
    05-10-08 05:10 PM
    Get a Curve!
    05-10-08 05:17 PM
    The pearl learns new words that you type, so it will learn the drug names. Also, even with suretype on, you can do a bit of scrolling after each letter to get it right. And if you want you can enter words right into the custom dictionary.

I don't know of any easier way to switch between the two input methods... I almost never use multi-tap, I just work stuff out with suretype.
    05-10-08 05:33 PM
    I've got to load epocrates (medical software) soon, and I can only imagine the train wreck sure-type would be with drug names (although first hand info would be greatly appreciated). I have a nasty habit of forgetting that I swapped for a specific field and ending up with a mess by the end.

Thanks,
    Sarc
    Sarc I have been involved in many a train wreck with SureType in Epocrates so, I made the switch to the Curve, receive it Monday. I rarely wrecked the train when I had the Treo and its full qwerty. I also miss the larger screen which makes it easier to read.

Just another medical dudes $0.02
    05-10-08 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD