How do you all like the pearls suretype?
    12-19-07 12:50 PM
    It took a little to get use to it, almost took phone back, but after I mastered it, I wouldn't want to use anything else. It's a lot faster than using a full qwerty keyboard. It learns new words as you go. You can always turn it off in the options should the need arise.
    12-19-07 12:56 PM
    it took me three e-mails to master it...

ok...i'm exaggerating...

but its a pretty short learning curve....

when you have a lot of nonstandard words to enter:
    menu>enable multitap

cheeers.

-db

p.s. it will stay in multi-tap until you flip it back...
    12-19-07 01:57 PM
    It was a breeze..I think the main thing that helped me get used to it was that I needed to stop paying attention to the words i was seeing on the screen as i typed them. I just typed away and suretype took care of the rest.
    12-19-07 02:20 PM
    I wouldn't want to use anything else. It's a lot faster than using a full qwerty keyboard..
    Agreed!! took me just a couple days to get comfy with it, and now as stated I would not want to use anything else. SureType has been improved on the 8130 over prior generations... its speed & accuracy is really quite amazing.
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 12-19-07 at 03:06 PM.
    12-19-07 03:04 PM
    It was a breeze..I think the main thing that helped me get used to it was that I needed to stop paying attention to the words i was seeing on the screen as i typed them. I just typed away and suretype took care of the rest.
    This is the key. I hated it before I realized that if I didn't pay attention to the letters being assembled, it worked as advertised. Every now and then it misses one, but then the next time that word is used it will pick up on it.

I love the fact that I don't have to type in apostrophes and the like because it will correctly translate dont into don't.
    12-19-07 03:15 PM
    SureType is great. My ultimate BB would be an 8320 with SureType instead of a full keyboard.
    12-19-07 03:28 PM
    I love suretype on my 7130. It is certainly better than motorolas itap. Very easy to use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-07 03:38 PM
    Yeah, you definitely have to ignore the screen as you type, and I love how you hit the space key to select the word and then it adds a space for you. Brilliant! I am using it now! Just keep practicing and learn to trust it. You're speed will pick up in no time!

12-19-07 06:50 PM
    i love the suretype!
    12-19-07 07:04 PM
    SureType is cool if you commit to it and are willing learn the system. I wouldn't necessarily want to write a term paper on any BlackBerry however, the SureType isn't a bad deal. Give a Pearl a shot!
    12-19-07 08:33 PM
    I love it that you can type "mypin" without the "" and it will display your pin # after pressing the space bar. This is great for exchanging pins with other BB users.
    12-19-07 09:11 PM
    I still mix up the caps and up arrow buttons to get a captial letter, but other than that I love SureType. I can't imagine going back to a standard qwerty keyboard on a mobile device ever again.
    12-20-07 09:03 AM
    archer823...
    I'm sure you know this but for those who don't, if you hold down the letter key for a sec or so, it will change to a cap.
    12-20-07 09:11 AM
    With SureType, I know some of the shortcuts are a little different. To see all SMS messages, I know it's alt+as, for phone logs its alt+op and for all incoming messages its alt+ui.

However, I need to see all "outgoing" or sent messages and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access that with a shortcut. On my 8830 it was alt+o, but obviously doesn't work with the SureType keyboard because o and p share the same key.

Anyone know what the shortcut to see outgoing emails is? Thanks in advance.....
    12-20-07 09:56 AM
    Clip...

Anyone know what the shortcut to see outgoing emails is? Thanks in advance.....
    You might look through here.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tip...-8130-a-11235/
    12-20-07 10:07 AM
    Love the suretype but occasionally will come across a funky word and it messes me up. Good thing is it is a learning program.
    12-20-07 10:10 AM
    suretype ranks up there with sliced bread!
    12-20-07 10:55 AM
    I did go through that thread and even posted this exact question but haven't gotten a response! There's a looooong list of shortcuts, which is very helpful. But it seems like the only one that's missing is the one to see all outgoing emails.
    12-20-07 11:34 AM
    Yeahh suretype is the shizzzzzzz!! I appreciate the way that you can complete words you can't fully spell because it pops out on the drop down list. Only thing with suretype is that you have to proof read what you wrote cause it had a habit of choosing words you didn't want to spell.

12-20-07 04:42 PM
    My girlfriend hated it at first. I told her to give it a week at least, and so far so good! She has slowly gotten use to it, and now, although she doesn't want to admit it, has become a crackberry addict on the pearl. My job is done.
    12-21-07 04:35 PM
    It is something that I am going to need to get used to. It is different.
    12-21-07 09:57 PM
    I still make a few mistakes every now and again, but for the most part, the first week with SureType has really made me a believer out of the ST.
    12-22-07 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD