I have been experiencing something weird for the past week or so. I have the mobile CNN shortcut installed. I click on it and it goes straight to the CNN mobile site as it is supposed to. BUT . . . . . . when I try to use the BB browser for anything else, except the crackberry site I get this message "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your administrator."

I am NOT on a corporate server or anything like that. (Self employed.)

I switched from mail2web to mailstreet for my hosted exchange server a couple of weeks ago but not sure this coincides with that switch.

I am simply unable to browse the internet pretty much. Same thing happens with any link I click on in any email.

Also, if I'm on the CNN mobile site and click menu, go to, and then enter any other url I get the same results.

Alltel tech support has no clue . . . . . surprise surprise.

PLEASE HELP?????
    07-06-08 12:01 PM
    How is your browser currently configured in the browser settings?
    07-06-08 12:03 PM
    Browser is configured as "Blackberry Browser". Everything is checked. Emulation mode: Blackberry Content mode: WML & HTML

BTW, I guess I should have mentioned it's a Pearl 8130 on Alltel's network although I did manage to mention Alltel in my Op and this is the 8130 thread . . . . . . just in case.
    07-06-08 12:19 PM
    change your browser to Internet Browser setting
    07-06-08 12:21 PM
    Tried that. Won't stay changed. Even tried changing it and doing a battery pull. No luck. It changes right back to Blackberry Browser. Doesn't even give the option to save after changing it and then navigating away from the configuration settings?
    07-06-08 12:28 PM
    Apparently I finally got it to stick. Now, when I go to crackberry.com there's no problems just as it has been doing. But when I try to navigate away to ANY other site I'm now getting this message "A communications failure occurred with the selected Mobile Data Service. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator."

But I can go right back to the crackberry site or the CNN mobile site. My berry has lost it's mind!!!
    07-06-08 12:38 PM
    That's very strange your blackberry sounds like it has some corruption in the OS you know what try resending your service books.
    07-06-08 12:39 PM
    Thanks a lot for all the help so far.

I tried that. Still same problems. I got the email saying my email setup was complete to my alltel.blackberry.com address after resending the service books. Is that how I know it was done? And is there any wait for anything to know it's totally completed or whatever? This is all new to me.
    07-06-08 01:13 PM
    Oh, and I'm running OS 4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.73)
    07-06-08 01:15 PM
    Sounds done, yea and your OS is fine I find it weird. You did a battery pull already?
    07-06-08 01:18 PM
    Yup. Only for a couple of seconds though. Should it stay out a minute or two?
    07-06-08 01:21 PM
    While it's on yank the battery and wait at least 30 seconds.
    07-06-08 01:25 PM
    OK. I did that. Now, sometimes I get the messages and sometimes it just sits there saying "requesting" forever. Won't even time out. What in the world is the deal here? I can actually go to the nascar.com site now (couldn't do that earlier) but besides that it's still just the CNN mobile site and crackberry.com. NO other sites will load. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. You'd think it would either work or not work. But to only open a few sites? Oh, and by the way, I've been in several locations lately with the same results so it doesn't seem to be specific to the tower I'm on right now.
    07-06-08 01:42 PM
    Well apparently something you advised me on appeared to work. I'd been setting the Browser configuration by pressing the menu buton within the browser itself. This time I went to options>Advanced options>Browser and changed it to Internet Browser there and it stuck and now appears to be working. Whatever . . . . . . not sure what made the difference between resending the service books and all but something is sure different now. It works!! I can once again click on a link in an email and actually open the page it's linked to!! Woo woo!!

Thanks for all your help!!
    07-06-08 01:57 PM
    That's where you should have set it the first time my bad for not being more specific where to do it but glad you got it working!
    07-06-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD