I am a new Blackberry covert from Windows Mobile. I have a Storm coming, hopefully soon, and my wife got a Pearl 8139. I am trying to figure out how to add some Word files to an sd card that my wife can browse to and view on the Pearl. On my old Blackjack, it was no problem, but I am in the learning curve on the Blackberry. Can anyone help?
    11-22-08 10:48 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

On your BlackJack I believe that you had DocsToGo installed. This is now deliverd with the Storm and will also be delivered with any version of the Operating System 4.5 for the 8130.

The product comes in two flovors. Free and Premium. The Premium version (PDA Software - Palm OS Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian UIQ Software, Symbian Series 60 Software, Symbian Series 80 Software, Java MIDP 2.0 Software - Developed By DataViz) cost $69 (I think) and allows document creation as well as reading and editing existing docs. With the premium version they also give you PDF to Go.

If you need help upgrading, have a first look at this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/.

Help will always be available in these forums but it is a good idea to do a search first since most questions that you will have may well have come up before.
    11-22-08 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the help. The Pearl had 4.3 installed. I did the upgrade to 4.5 and have her docs loaded and ready to go.
    11-22-08 04:47 PM
    Glad you were able to get it to work, and....
    11-22-08 04:51 PM
    upload them to google docs and use the free google docs app. you can store unlimited files there. you need a data connection, but unlimited is pretty great.
    11-23-08 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD