Ok folks got a couple of questions i need answered. First I set up my personal yahoo email through my phone but accidently hid the icon for it..Anyway of getting that back on my screen. #2 Can i instant message on this thing through my MSN or better yet what is the blackberry messenger for? And #3 finally how do i get opera mini or a utility to watch youtube on this thing? Thank you again in advance for anyone that helps. I hate being new to something and not having all the answers. But you guys and girls have been great walking me through it!!!!!!
    02-22-08 10:16 AM
    1. on the homescreen, press Menu, SHOW ALL. Also make sure you didn't move the icon to some odd folder where it might be residing.
    2. Best IM application available is JiveTalk. BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go
    BBMessenger is for BB to BB communication, much like IM, but ONLY for BB users.
    3. I am just not familar with using YouTube on Opera Mini. I don't know.
    02-22-08 10:26 AM
    the show all worked..thank you so much..will this bee jive give me msn messenger...i know when i had the centro i could msn, but not sure how to do it on here...
    02-22-08 10:31 AM
    Yep, take a look at the link js provided, JiveTalk gives you access to multiple IM chat clients, and uses your data plan not SMS/txt... great program.
    02-22-08 10:46 AM
    you can use your bb browser to view youtube videos at their mobile site m.youtube.com.
    02-22-08 10:50 AM
    does it cost money...it says 19.95. thanks again for all your help
    02-22-08 10:57 AM
    Yes, one time fee for JiveTalk, but no further usage charges.
    02-22-08 11:04 AM
    wow now i have to decide if i im that much..20 dollars is a lot to im one person...i guess i can just text them instead...got unlimited that too...
    02-22-08 11:09 AM
    yeah I was wondering if I could use msn messanger. Alltel told me it was extra and wondered if it was an alltel thing or BB period..I'll just stick with yahoo IM
    02-22-08 11:13 AM
    can you recommend anywhere good to go for free ringers on this pearl
    02-22-08 11:15 AM
    you can use your bb browser to view youtube videos at their mobile site m.youtube.com.
    How are you viewing vids here? All I get are error messages from this site.
    02-22-08 11:18 AM
    i just tried it from my berry and is working fine. try a battery pull and see if that helps.
    02-22-08 11:35 AM
    can you recommend anywhere good to go for free ringers on this pearl
    Lots of free reputable sites listed here:
    Where Can I Download Ringtones? - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    02-22-08 11:39 AM
    i just tried it from my berry and is working fine. try a battery pull and see if that helps.
    I may be wrong, but I believe there have been issues in viewing the vids with .60 OS. I see thats what you're running macnkat... how bout you dacur, you .60? I've been able to view them in all the subsequent OS versions, don't remember if I ever tried with .60 since I didn't have it very long.
    02-22-08 11:51 AM
    theres also ringtones available for free, right here at crackberry!!!
    02-22-08 11:53 AM
    what format do i need to download ringtones in to my phone...don't want to take up to much space on my 2g memeory card for stuff that is not useful
    02-22-08 11:54 AM
    I may be wrong, but I believe there have been issues in viewing the vids with .60 OS. I see thats what you're running macnkat... how bout you dacur, you .60? I've been able to view them in all the subsequent OS versions, don't remember if I ever tried with .60 since I didn't have it very long.
    yep, i'm still at v4.3.0.60 and just downloaded a bunch of videos from videos4blackberry.info that work perfectly. no problems w/ youtube, either. hope this helps
    02-22-08 12:04 PM
    You may have something there GG. If this is the latest OS fro Verizon, and it is I just checked, where do I get the upgrade? BlackBerry.com?
    02-22-08 12:27 PM
    You may have something there GG. If this is the latest OS fro Verizon, and it is I just checked, where do I get the upgrade? BlackBerry.com?
    hmmm mac... well, dacur is having no trouble on .60, so sort of shoots my theory. I thought I remembered hearing of folks having streaming video problems on .60 tho.

With regard to updating the OS, its explained for .97 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/us-...-8130-a-16688/
    02-22-08 03:14 PM
    Yep, take a look at the link js provided, JiveTalk gives you access to multiple IM chat clients, and uses your data plan not SMS/txt... great program.
    Does YAHOO IM use the data plan? I sure hope so ..... cause I have an unlimited data plan .... but SMS cost $.15 a message .... and I have been using it quite a bit.
    02-22-08 03:42 PM
    Does YAHOO IM use the data plan? I sure hope so ..... cause I have an unlimited data plan .... but SMS cost $.15 a message .... and I have been using it quite a bit.
    I think I answered my own question .... I looked at my billing info and it says I have only sent 1 SMS .... whew .... I was worried there for a second!
    02-22-08 03:45 PM
    Well I'm a little miffed...I was under the impression that NO ONE could watch streaming videos on the 8130 regardless of the OS...but some are?? What am I missing?

In regards to the newer OS, I thought I read that it would disable the GPS on the Verizon phones...yes or no?
    02-22-08 04:16 PM
    Sorry you are miffed.

Verizon disables the GPS on Verizon BlackBerrys. It is not the OS.
    02-22-08 05:07 PM
    Sorry you are miffed.
    I'll get over it.
    02-22-08 05:09 PM
    OK, I install .81 and now I'm getting streaming video from YouTube. My GPS also seems to be working...can't figure that one out yet.
    02-22-08 06:42 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD