when i go into my status i keep getting 0 bytes under file status..
    How so i fix this or is it even a problem
    01-17-09 03:45 PM
    01-17-09 03:49 PM
    Dude. That's pretty bad!! Delete stuff you don't need lol!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 03:49 PM
    there are a few things under my apps that say japanese and korean but i dont knwo what they are can i delete them
    01-17-09 04:05 PM
    plus your blackberry into pc and run DM, go into add remove apps. remove anything you do not use, also remove those extra languages unless you need them... you have to have above 12mb for the blackberry to work okay. read the thread i posted, it will help.
    01-17-09 04:09 PM
    im reading the article now and getting rid of stuff.
    I have a few questions. I downloaded google maps shoudl i then delete the maps app that came loaded on the bb. i also have something called email serup application. I dont knwo what it is or if i need it..

I am also wondering if i take out the battery my bytes go to 7913387
    i have been downloading ringtones and apps. Is that what is causing me to drop to zero..
    01-17-09 04:14 PM
    Anything you dL could potentially reduce your file free amount. Try and delete enough stuff to bring your file free amount to over 12mb and your go to go. And as for the maps question, delete which ever map app you don't want. I personally think BB maps is more accurate when locating addresses and my location. But google maps also has some great features that you might like too. Try both and see which you prefer.

01-17-09 04:22 PM
    thanks so much everyone.. If anyone has anymore tips ill take um..
    Only had this less then a week so i am learning..
    I downloaded google, yahoo, arlarm pro and beejive
    shoudl that be too much. Is there a limit to the amount of apps i can download
    oh adn slacker
    01-17-09 04:29 PM
    check out the link in my sig 101 lecture series it will help out learning.
    01-17-09 04:33 PM
    Can't get husbands free number to over 10 million, and we have deleted aps, pictures etc.

I have gone through the checklist, what are we missing? Show all is checked, we deleted browsing history, have a 2GB memory card and IT holds the pictures, I know because I looked at them with a Micro card reader.

We were trying to amplify ringtones today and emailing them, and his logs all deleted automatically. Which hasn't happened since we added the card.

We have taken the battery out too, it still just shows over 10 million free.

He's had this phone a couple of months since the last pearl got smashed. The OS should be up to date.
    01-18-09 09:16 PM
    ok so after reading everythign and removing stuff i am so confused on how to read the free bytes and what is ok and not.
    At this point i have 7319014 showing i dont know if this is good or bad?? Also it will drop a little over the day. now i do have bbsmart alarms running in the background (can i close this and will ti stil work) and vymail running again can i close it all the way and will it work???
    01-24-09 02:56 PM
    Miss Bliss & atapjn what OS are you running? When I upgraded my OS i also got more memory.
    01-24-09 04:53 PM
    4.5.0.77 pearl 8130

Do you think i am ok with what i have showing at this point???
    01-24-09 05:14 PM
    You're showing less than 8 MB......too low.

01-24-09 08:02 PM
    Same here. I aos used to have a problem with making calls. My phone would lock and say failed call like every other day. I had to pull the battery everytime. Since the upgrade it's been great!
    Miss Bliss & atapjn what OS are you running? When I upgraded my OS i also got more memory.
    01-24-09 09:12 PM
    ok this is what i have on my phone right now and i have deleted so much already ugg
    appetite
    bbsmart alarm pro
    blackberry core appli
    blakcberry system soft
    blackberry attachment serv
    blackberry maps
    blackberry messenger
    browser
    theme
    email setup application
    google sync
    jive talk
    maratick
    memopad
    password keeper
    phone
    tasks
    vlingo
    vymail
    yahoo go

and even after deleting stuff i only have10595652 file free

Is this ok or do i still need to get rid of stuff. I see so many with all these fun apps on their phones and i cant figure out why mine doensnt seem to want to hold much. its kinda ruining the fun of it..
    Anyway any other suggestions on what i need to do and what i shoudl get rid of ????? Or am i ok now also if i am ok does this mean i cant put anythign else on my phone??
    Last edited by atapjn; 01-25-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: forgot something
    01-25-09 01:25 PM
    Yahoo is usually a hog isnt' it?
    01-25-09 01:43 PM
    well i uninstalled vlingo and now i have ove 14 free wow
    01-25-09 03:47 PM
    Did you try clearing the Event Log? From the home screen, hold down the ALT key and type lglg, from there select the menu key and choose Clear Log. You can also select Options when in the Event Log, scroll down to the first check box, select the Menu button again and select Hide All Types so that the event log is always empty.....which saves your memory without ever needing to clear the event log ever again.

Last edited by Nick917; 01-25-09 at 08:01 PM.
    01-25-09 07:51 PM
    You need a media card. All pics ring tones music etc should be put on there and not on device memory.
    01-25-09 07:55 PM
    Nick917

just did the event log thing... Not sure exactly what i did. Will this effect my use of the phone and options at all???? I guess what i am asking is if you can please explain what i jsut did LOL
    01-25-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD