Hi,

I am wanting to SSH into my BlackBerry. Does anyone know the server IP and username/password? Thanks.
    03-18-10 02:14 PM
    The BB does not run a shell, you can't connect in to them like that.
    03-18-10 02:23 PM
    The BB does not run a shell, you can't connect in to them like that.
    Hmmm... How would I go about accessing system files?
    03-18-10 02:35 PM
    You could look into using javaloader from the command line, it comes with the JDE BlackBerry - Java Development Environment not sure exactly what you are trying to access though...
    03-18-10 02:46 PM
    There is no "root" for a BlackBerry. That's a Linux/Unix concept which doesn't apply here.

In general terms the accessible files don't/can't give any special privileges. The BlackBerry software is Java based and will have the usual Java sandbox constraints from the underlying JVM, with everything handled by restricted API functions. If you want to look at these high level files just download the current version for your phone, they are freely available from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. You will find them all there, and if you manage to decompile the compressed Java bytecode you will still find you can't do much with them.

The processor microcode, low level OS core and JVM only exist outside RIM labs as compiled images. They are not accessible to regular users and can't be manipulated through published user software. Access at this level would need source code and software which would have to be stolen from RIM.

IOW, you are searching for something which doesn't exist.
    03-18-10 03:32 PM
    If the executables are available you don't need source if you know what you're doing.
    03-18-10 03:35 PM
    Oh, interesting... Hahaha I wish the BlackBerry ran shells.
    03-18-10 05:39 PM
    Knowing what you are doing in an OS without published schematics, only accessible as a binary loader image or core dump style... hmmm... Right! I think it is more profitable to move to an easier target device
    03-18-10 06:58 PM
    I agree, it's hard work. But for people who need to do it (I'm not talking about miscreant script kiddies or hackers) it's perfectly reasonable.
    03-19-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD