I have the program for my Curve 8310 but I didnt know if Sprint or Blackberry has a FREE program that you can use your blackberry as a modem like the TMO Curve has QuickLinks...

Anyone help??

Thanks
    10-13-08 10:04 PM
    I currently use my 8130 as a modem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 03:48 AM
    what do you pay a month for that?
    10-14-08 07:36 AM
    I occasionally use my pearl as a modem. It seems that the ability to do that is included in the $40/mo BES plan I have. I don't use any special software, I just make sure I have BlackBerry Device Manager running so it sets up the COM port and have DUN set to use that COM port as its modem and dial #777.
    10-14-08 09:46 AM
    I have the Sero unlimited data plan. so I can use it as a modem right? I dont need a special "tether" plan? if so that would be awesome.

whats dun and do you have a link to the setup process. I remember trying this out before but never got connected something about a apn I needed? I dunno been along time.
    10-14-08 01:23 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/

Read this. special program for sprint customers

10-14-08 06:22 PM
    Quick question. Is anyone using their pearl as a modem on sprint without a tethering plan. I have the simply everything blackberry plan but it does not include tethering. I know that it works to use the smartview program that was linked to above. Just wondering if anyone does it without the tether plan.
    10-14-08 09:49 PM
    I use my Sprint Pearl as a modem and I don't have the tether plan...I just have unlimited data plan without tether and use the 777 also with sharkmodem, which was supposed to be a trial but it never said it ended...lol
    10-14-08 10:26 PM
    I have the Sero unlimited data plan. so I can use it as a modem right? I dont need a special "tether" plan? if so that would be awesome.

whats dun and do you have a link to the setup process. I remember trying this out before but never got connected something about a apn I needed? I dunno been along time.
    DUN is Dial Up Networking.... basically how people used to connect to the Internet back before broadband (unless they used AOL).

In Windows XP you get to it by going to the Control Panel then Network Connections. There should be an option to create new connection. Tell it you want to connect to the Internet. Then select "Set up my connection manually." "Connect using a dialup modem." If you have more than one modem choice, select the "Standard Modem" ... it'll probably be on a higher COM port like COM5 or COM6. For ISP Name you can put whatever you want. I call mine "Sprint PCS (BlackBerry)". Phone number is #777. The username and password is blank. You probably don't want to set it up as your default connection as you'll only use it when you're on the road and need it (at least I do... I have WiFi for my normal connection).

Then, to connect you should be able to just go to Start -> Connect To -> SprintPCS (BlackBerry) [Or whatever you called your connection]
    10-15-08 10:18 AM
    Thanks guys for the help... it seems like you helped out more than just me!
    10-15-08 10:20 PM
    I currently use my 8130 as a modem.

Hey... where'd you find the 4.5 software for Sprint?
    11-06-08 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD