I just got the blackberry pearl . I am a Sprint customer. I was wondering if I can send text messages when I am talking on the phone?
    07-24-08 09:32 PM
    Sometimes yes sometimes no I have no idea why they don't always go through
    07-24-08 09:36 PM
    I've never tried actually, though it would be nice to hear if someone can actually get it to work all the time....
    07-24-08 09:47 PM
    I just got the phone this week and I haven't gotten a text message to go through once while i was talking.
    07-24-08 09:48 PM
    it may work when you are on a evdo signal but i am not sure.
    07-24-08 10:35 PM
    I have heard that you can't use data services and phone services at the same time, but I,m not sure whether SMS is included in the data services or not. It seems like there were lots of older phones that didn't use data services but that could send text messages, so maybe they aren't -- but then it may be that you can't use multiple call services simultaneously either...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 01:46 PM
    I have heard that you can't use data services and phone services at the same time, ...
    I've been with Sprint for a while, and I've been under the impression you cant.

If it's really important...why not try?
    07-25-08 02:23 PM
    You can get them. When I first got my 8130 I could send them too. But all of a sudden it just stopped : ( but its ok. Its kinda rude to text on a call anyway lol. U think that the person can't hear u pushing keys but they can't.

07-26-08 08:51 AM
    SMS uses voice not data, which is why if you dont have a data plan and just a voice plan you can SMS. It's supposed to work, but it can be pretty spotty.
    07-26-08 11:13 AM
    Wow, this is a good question, I've never even though to try to send a text while talking.
    07-26-08 01:21 PM
    Sometimes is works; other times it doesnt. And no one on the other end has heard button presses from me texting.
    07-26-08 01:23 PM
    Lol. And I thought I was bad being the web while talking.

07-26-08 02:20 PM
    Well i got it to work once or twice now but it doesnt make sense why it works sometimes and doesnt work other times. I have never had a problem on this phone with people hearing me text message.
    07-26-08 09:27 PM
    I have always found found it hard to text and talk on the phone while driving.
    07-26-08 09:32 PM
    Yeah its hard while driving.
    07-26-08 09:33 PM
    I've tried texting and driving. It wasnt hard on the Paerl; not a pretty sight on the Curve.
    07-26-08 09:36 PM
    It's weird - I'll be in a conversation and send a few texts. In the same convo, it'll just stop! It's not a big deal, though; just kinda strange.

07-26-08 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD