i, like oohoy, have no BIS or BES or whatever, i am running the newest OS from sprint but because we arent actually registered with a blackberry plan we have no way of sending the service books off the site. i have registered on the site and pushed "resend service books" a trillion times and nothing!! does anyone have any idea how to get service books downloaded so we can install them from DM without BIS?
    02-06-09 03:24 PM
    If you cant create a blackberry email and try sending the service books to your phone you will have to call sprint and have then send you the service books to your BB from their end
    02-06-09 03:28 PM
    thanks, i'll call them. last time i called them (a couple nights ago) they told me that they didn't support MMS... but it was after crackberry users were saying they did... i believe CB over Sprint... but i'll try again. out of curiosity, how do they Send them from there end, over the air?
    02-06-09 03:34 PM
    Yeah their all OTA just like when you click the Send Service Books Button From your Phone or the BIS web Site they just send then to your phone
    02-06-09 03:41 PM
    So is mine working correctly since I still have to click on the link? Also I saw people with curves talking about HTML enabled email with this new OS. Is this something we get also because I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 03:42 PM
    HTML enabled is is new with 4.5 you might need to hook your BB up to your DM and see what setting are active if it's not you might need to install it
    02-06-09 04:00 PM
    LOL, i'm on the phone with some BB reps at sprint and they are so confused as to why i'm not getting the MMS functionality. at first we argued that it was available and he kept saying no its not, now him and his buddy are trying to figure it out... this is hilarious... these dudes brains are frying...

i'll keep you guys posted
    02-06-09 04:26 PM
    no luck... unless somehow somebody can extract the service books required for mms and post them somewhere, it's going to be mighty difficult for none "blackberry data" users like myself to get MMS
    02-06-09 04:55 PM
    Why not have them enable the Data plan on your phone so they can forward you the Service books, It's kind like when they have to swtich all bb phones to a different phone just so you can buy call tones then they switch you back
    02-06-09 05:35 PM
    Thanks king I will look into it because right now, html isn't even an option in my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:14 PM
    Hello, I've updated the OS, registered on the network, and sent the books. I received confirmation messages that I've been registered on the network and that my e-mail was registered. I am still unable to send MMS to my girlfriend on her Verizon phone. I keep getting a big red "X." Help! I've been looking forward to this feature for a year (as I'm sure most of us have!)
    Last edited by myelin; 02-06-09 at 08:06 PM.
    02-06-09 07:53 PM
    Ah-hah, apparently my e-mail wasn't registered. I had to log in to BIS and re-send my service books though there. Now HTML became an option and I will find out if it is working the next time that I get an e-mail.
    02-06-09 11:48 PM
    this is a little off topic but how i can retrieve my user name?? i cant remember it but i can remember my password for BIS
    02-07-09 06:32 PM
    mokash34, did you ever manage to get MMS working?

I am in the same situation: Sprint Blackberry (Pearl) with an unlimited data plan, but no BES/BIS plan. For those wondering, yes, this is possible. No, you don't get push email or the default BB browser, but Opera, Gmail, Google Maps, etc. all work file.

After upgrading to 4.5 and resending service books (both from the phone and from the Sprint site), no MMS functionality has appeared.

I am beginning to suspect that MMS requires a BIS/BES plan...
    02-09-09 05:57 PM
    unforunately, no.. sorry for the bad news...
    02-10-09 11:16 PM
    mokash34, did you ever manage to get MMS working?

I am in the same situation: Sprint Blackberry (Pearl) with an unlimited data plan, but no BES/BIS plan. For those wondering, yes, this is possible. No, you don't get push email or the default BB browser, but Opera, Gmail, Google Maps, etc. all work file.

After upgrading to 4.5 and resending service books (both from the phone and from the Sprint site), no MMS functionality has appeared.

I am beginning to suspect that MMS requires a BIS/BES plan...
    If you have a blackberry and a blackberry data plan then you have bis most likely. Without it you can't use any data feature on you device such as email and web browser. (Text/mms is not data/bis dependant, it works without a data plan). So you definetely have the bis. As for the lack of mms on your phone...if you upgraded to the official sprint 4.5 from sprint's website and registered your device through host routing table as well as resend your device the service books, then you will have mms options enabled through your phone's menu system. Highlighting a contact or multimedia file and pressing the menu button wil reveal the new "send mms" feature which was previously completely missing on Sprint's Blackberries. Recheck all these steps because it's now available even though it seems to work the same as before using email addresses and we still receive all mms as a web link. But it's one step closer to the real thing at least. I believe their still working on mms and this is only opening the door to the final true mms. We'll have to see.
    02-11-09 12:28 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD