If you have OS 4.5 on any Sprint BB Just resend your service books to enable MMS as of today Sprint has Enabled MMS
    02-04-09 06:13 PM
    sorry for the dumb question but where and how do you resend your service books?
    02-04-09 08:34 PM
    sorry for the dumb question but where and how do you resend your service books?
    go to options, select mobile network from list. from there press you blackberry button( the button on the left of the trackball) once there select start provisioning. takes a couple of seconds then your done. after your done you can go back out to you main options menu and select advanced options. go to service book and check and see if you have it in the list.
    02-04-09 08:49 PM
    I got it and it works. Just sent my first MMS. It was a little slow to send but worked great. Thanks for the tip and thanks Sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 10:27 PM
    I think the MMS service is slow right now because everyone must be sending them. I tried a few minutes ago and much faster then this evening.
    02-04-09 11:56 PM
    i did the provision thing and still no sign of mms. do i have to call sprint to send it to me ?

ps. i got no bis services
    02-05-09 12:39 AM
    i did the provision thing and still no sign of mms. do i have to call sprint to send it to me ?

ps. i got no bis services
    do you have a data plan, and if you don't have BIS do you have BES?
    02-05-09 01:22 AM
    You can also just do the "register Now" and it will resend them as well.... Go to Options> Advanced Opts>Host routing table....Once you open this press BB button and select register now. This resends all service books
    02-05-09 01:30 AM
    i've tried em all, still no sign of mms service book. im on sero without bis nor bes.
    02-05-09 02:05 AM
    Did as above and MMS shows up in service book but when I try to send one I get the red X and when I received one it still had the "Sprint PCS picture mail" link instead of the attachment. Any ideas?
    02-05-09 07:51 PM
    i've tried em all, still no sign of mms service book. im on sero without bis nor bes.

dont quote me on this but i think u need a data plan
    02-05-09 07:55 PM
    MMS showed up today without any resending of service books or anything and worked fine. i was on 4.5.0.89 then updated to .131 and still works.
    02-05-09 08:30 PM
    dont quote me on this but i think u need a data plan
    sero plan comes with unlimited data
    02-05-09 10:57 PM
    Hey, not to sound like a total noob, but I just downloaded the 4.5.0.188 OS off of the blackberry site, to put on my sprint phone, and I can't seem to remember how to install the OS.

when I double click the executable, it says "Error reading setup initialization file"

Do I have to update through the blackberry desktop software?

EDIT: oops. Only got part of the install. Downloading again.
    Last edited by DarcSystems; 02-05-09 at 11:11 PM.
    02-05-09 11:06 PM
    ok, sending works great, but while receiving i still have to click the link...is this correct??
    02-05-09 11:41 PM
    Does anyone know if MMS will only work if you have a blackberry plan? I have data plan but not blackberry plan (BIS/BES).
    02-06-09 09:13 AM
    You mean you are using a regular phone data plan? If so yes, you have to have a BB data plan.
    02-06-09 10:17 AM
    oohoy, You need to have the 4.5 O.S. on your Pearl to be able to receive the MMS Service Books and utilize that service if you have not upgraded your OS i would advise doing so
    02-06-09 10:40 AM
    i updated my phone with sprint os that just came out. and i cant send service book to myself from blackberry site since i dont have bis/bes service. im on sero plan with unlimited data

with that said, the only way to get mms service book is by calling sprint ?
    02-06-09 12:42 PM
    They recommend an unlimited data plan for Blackberrys. That means you have Unlimited data, Meaning you can use email, and internet.

the Sprint Bis Website allows you to manage your Emails you have set up to your Blackberry Wether its a BIS/BES Email or Gmail, Yahoo, Aol, Msn, Hotmail, or any other email you decide to use.

For you to resend your service Books to your Phone you have 2 Options.

1, Via the Sprint BIS Website Website
    2, E-mail Settings Via the Blackberry that takes you to the Mobile Sprint BIS Website "This Mobile Link Only Works from your Blackberry"

this is what you need to do

1, Go To Sprint BIS Website
    2 Create an Account if you don't already have one.
    If you do log in like normal
    2, Once your logged in on the Left hand Side it should say something similar to this
    BLACKBERRY
    Services
    Email Accounts
    Settings
    Change Device
    Language
    Password
    Service Books

Last option is Service Books Press it to resend Service Books to your Blackberry.
    Last edited by kingakuma; 02-06-09 at 01:29 PM.
    02-06-09 01:23 PM
    i did that over 10 times. though the pop up message says service book has been sent but i have never got em. and i think im not getting em cause i dont have bes./bis service with blackberry, thats why it isnt coming through ?
    02-06-09 01:26 PM
    Choose your carrier at the bottom.
    BlackBerry Internet Service

You should get a screen like this.
    Login In

Now that you logged in your screen should look similar to this with a list of your Emails.

Now Click Create Address. and should see a screen similar to this.

Create your new Email. and When its created it should look something like this.

After all that your done and the New email has been created you should receive a text on your cell with your new email verification.
    02-06-09 01:37 PM
    did all that and never got the text from em for the new email

im not getting anything at all from that site to my phone
    02-06-09 01:51 PM
    I think it might have to do with you not being on BIS like you stated.
    02-06-09 02:06 PM
    Make sure your hand held is registered on the sprint network.

Options > Host Routing Table

Then select ‘Register Now’ from the wheel menu.

once you get the Notification try resending your service books
    02-06-09 02:09 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD