I am happy with my Blackberry, happy with my service, happy with the call clarity and I never get dropped calls...

BUT I HATE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! It took me calling four times and about 45 minutes before someone could take care of my problem. How does everyone else fare with their customer service? I've been with Sprint for years now, but I'm starting to regret not switching to Verizon due to all the issues I've had with customer service lately!
    02-18-08 10:55 AM
    They're horrible. Anytime you mxke the slightest change to something, they screw up your bill. You then have to place 3 or 4 calls to someone with a strong accent who promises the issues have been resolved, but of course it doesn't get fixed until after that 4th call. They should move to unlimited minutes. It would eliminate most of the problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-08 11:02 AM
    I am happy with my Blackberry, happy with my service, happy with the call clarity and I never get dropped calls...

BUT I HATE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! It took me calling four times and about 45 minutes before someone could take care of my problem. How does everyone else fare with their customer service? I've been with Sprint for years now, but I'm starting to regret not switching to Verizon due to all the issues I've had with customer service lately!
    No provider is perfect. AT&T could not help me to solve my problem and then I discovered CB and just like that, my BB worked great again.

I just really depends on who you get on the phone with every provider to get your problems solved.
    02-18-08 11:15 AM
    Be glad it only took you 4 calls and 45 mins the last time I called sprint it took about 5 call (which were all transfered to supervisors) and about 3hrs. The problem was only fix when I got fed up and was gonna disconnect. I was so ticked off I had to pull over on the side of the road because I could drive and deal with those idiots any more, I love my voice service and internet speeds, but Sprint already had two strikes with me 1 poor customer service 2 crappy phone selection. I work in customer service so I know there's no reason for them to be so bad. Sprint needs to get there act together

02-18-08 11:23 AM
    Hmm, I'll admit that Sprint customer support services are terrible and you do always get the guy or gal with the thickest accent. Although when you call for BlackBerry tech support, you get through within thirty seconds and they're very professional and courteous. Just something I noticed.
    02-19-08 08:07 AM
    I agree Sprint CS is the worst...Good thing I dont have to call too much...But when I do I get off the phone with a headache!
    02-19-08 08:16 AM
    I can't stand their CSR at sprint. I completely dread calling them but they mess up my bill every month and I have to call.

02-19-08 08:20 AM
    Yup just ported out my # over to at&t. Down with Sprint
    02-19-08 10:14 AM
    Yeah, Sprint CS is the absolute worse... They had me in the Sprint store for 3 hours on V-day just to return my BB in the store to find out that I couldn't return it in the store because I received it through Sprint over the phone through retentions and had to return my BB the same way... then had the nerve to tell me to return the phone to them NOW b/c of their 30 day return policy or buy a NEW ONE!!! I was like, What The French Toast!!! I couldn't return my BB without one in tow for the long holiday weekend... They must not know bout me!
    02-19-08 10:32 AM
    I read these posts and i am greatly saddened, I have always had a great success with CS at sprint, and countless times, I have even called back and COMMENDED the CS rep I had spoken with. I have had my share of ill encounters, but remember, if they give you a hard time, call back again, and mention that invoice credit they had spoken about before. . . .(evil laughter ensues following today's 1 MONTH credit Thanks Ronnie!)
    02-19-08 03:18 PM
    I read these posts and i am greatly saddened, I have always had a great success with CS at sprint, and countless times, I have even called back and COMMENDED the CS rep I had spoken with. I have had my share of ill encounters, but remember, if they give you a hard time, call back again, and mention that invoice credit they had spoken about before. . . .(evil laughter ensues following today's 1 MONTH credit Thanks Ronnie!)
    You aren't by chance fluent in the Arabic languages?
    02-19-08 03:22 PM
    If you just have a technical problem with your phone come in the store don't call customer service. I know customer service sucks but in store its better because you're face to face and stuff haha

02-19-08 04:29 PM
    If you just have a technical problem with your phone come in the store don't call customer service. I know customer service sucks but in store its better because you're face to face and stuff haha

You know that doesn't really work, in my opinion. I have a Sprint store blocks from my house and they seem clueless about Blackberries. They didn't add the data plan when I first got it and all sorts of other non-sense. The always suggest that I go to a Sprint Repair/Service Center for help with "specialize" devices. That Sprint Service and Repair is 15 miles away, crazy.

Then I found Crackberry and found most of my answers. Overall, don't put all your eggs into the Sprint Store. Ask them if they own a BB and "if" they do then maybe they can help.
    02-19-08 04:37 PM
    You know that doesn't really work, in my opinion. I have a Sprint store blocks from my house and they seem clueless about Blackberries. They didn't add the data plan when I first got it and all sorts of other non-sense. The always suggest that I go to a Sprint Repair/Service Center for help with "specialize" devices. That Sprint Service and Repair is 15 miles away, crazy.

Then I found Crackberry and found most of my answers. Overall, don't put all your eggs into the Sprint Store. Ask them if they own a BB and "if" they do then maybe they can help.

I agree. And, if they do own Blackberries or Treos, they're typically little more than heavy text and picture users. They don't typically use or understand the importance of task lists, calendar entries, business email, etc. and so when they don't get it, they'll tell you to take it to the service center miles away.
    02-19-08 09:12 PM
    They should move to unlimited minutes. It would eliminate most of the problems.
    Wish granted!

Sprint’s Power Pack Offers Unlimited Anytime Minutes for $199 a Month : Chip Chick
    02-19-08 09:18 PM
    You aren't by chance fluent in the Arabic languages?
    Nope, but for a while i thought i would need it.. Just hang up and call again, or say that you can not understand them/bad reception, and can they transfer you... haven't had that problem in a while though, mostly people from the south...
    02-20-08 08:23 AM
    This is the 3rd BB pearl I have had within the last 2 weeks. The only response I got from sprint was that the phones just so happened to be defective. They keep ordering me new phones while I get stuck using ones that either won't connect to the internet, won't retain my address book,have an unresponsive keypad, the list goes on. I don't understand why I have to keep ordering and waiting for new phones? Don't they have some in the store? Or am I waisting my time with the phone itself?

02-21-08 12:30 AM
    If you take your phone to a corporate store you should be able to get it replaced on the spot. When my blackberry died on me I took it in and within two hrs (they tried troubleshooting it) I had a replacement phone

02-21-08 01:25 AM
    I've been with Nextel for the last 6 years and CS was pretty good until Sprint and Nextel merged. Seems like it keeps getting worst with every passing month.
    02-21-08 01:31 AM
    I am on an unlimited voice plan with Sprint and I pay less than $50 per month. I snagged it about 4 years ago and have been grandfathered in ever since. The plan is only good inside my local calling area, but since I don't travel much, it works OK. It lets me make unlimited local and LD calls to the point that I took long distance off my land line. Price is great, but what I like even better is that I never have to haggle with a Sprint CS over my bill.

Rumor has it that Sprint will be bringing back unlimited voice and data packages in the very near future, at rates lower than Verizon. Go to buzzaboutwireless.com and then navigate to this thread:

Buzz About Wireless Forum >> Services and Features >> Rate Plans >> Fixed Rate Unlimited Plans coming?

I'm no fan of Sprint customer service, but it will take a lot to drag me away from my fixed rate, unlimited calling plan.
    02-21-08 02:25 AM
    I agree. I have a great deal that I made with Sprint three years ago. I can't leave. Plus, everyone I know has Sprint. I would spend more money if I went to another provider. BB CS has been great! Regular CS is awful. I don't think they care if they lose a customer. Some stores are great and some are not. But, it's like an earlier post. If the staff have a BB, they are helpful. If not, they could care less.
    02-21-08 11:23 PM
    I have spent an Hour! and ten minutes today on the phone with Sprint Customer Service! are you kidding me? what a joke. Just to exchange a phone with a better one in my first 30 days.

I am trying to go from an upstage m620 to a blackberry pearl 8130.
    After 2 trips to the mall and then being told that they cant process the SERO plans.
    I then proceeded to call sprint customer service. Then after a half hour just trying to give them info on what I was trying to accomplish they tried to sell me the Blackberry for 199$ even though I'm on a 2 year contract with Sprint Sero.

A long story a little bit shorter. I have to send the samsung upstage back to Louisville, KY and wait for them to process that before I can get the Blackberry for what it actually should be...129$

So just to accomplish those things it took an hour and ten minutes!! Somebody should be shot for how they have it setup. Everybody outsources to non-fluent English speaking people. I'm so tired of this. and its not just sprint...its everywhere. wake up corporate people! and face the reality of disgruntled customers.
    Last edited by craig198; 03-06-08 at 03:08 PM.
    03-06-08 03:01 PM
    If you get that frustrated, just say "Cancel service" when the automated answering service asks what you would like. You get transferred to customer retentions and all sorts of deals open up for you. They want to keep you as a customer and will discount quite a bit. Just so others know, Costco has the 8130 for free through AT&T and T-Mobile after rebate and Verizon has it for $40 after rebate. You can always use that against Sprint. I got my 8130s for $80 after rebates.
    03-06-08 09:19 PM
    If you get that frustrated, just say "Cancel service" when the automated answering service asks what you would like. You get transferred to customer retentions and all sorts of deals open up for you. They want to keep you as a customer and will discount quite a bit. Just so others know, Costco has the 8130 for free through AT&T and T-Mobile after rebate and Verizon has it for $40 after rebate. You can always use that against Sprint. I got my 8130s for $80 after rebates.
    Lol I did give a "what if I cancel my plan" and then things started to roll a little bit easier.

Update on the blackberry 8130, it is now only 99 dollars with sprint 2year agreement! now I probably have to threaten again with a "cancel my service" statement lol.

I dont mind paying the 19 dollars more than you. But 199$? forget it!

She was saying since this is an exchange you cant get the discount.

I said what If I were to cancel. she then put me on hold more than a dozen times for about 2-5min of hold each individual time B4 she got another agent on the phone and then clarified that I needed to send 1st phone back then get the blackberry 8130. sounds fine to me.

I doubt sprint will match that of a wholesaler club. a blackberry for nothing?
    but a 2 year signup? prolly a lil steep of an offer right?
    03-09-08 01:58 PM
    Best way to always approach cs with anything in life is keep switching people until you find someone who is competent. Don't even waste your time with people who don't know what they're doing. As soon as you get a bad feeling tell them you want to talk to somebody else or hang up and call again.

I find this method works very well in keeping my sanity.

For example, if you call in and the first person doesn't seem to understand what a bb 8310 is without you having to explain to them, just hang up and call again.

Nobody has time in their life to deal with incompetent people.

03-09-08 02:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD