Today i decided to try my old 8100 just to see if it still works, its been in a desk drawer for god knows how long. Now when power is connected it doesnt power up, but flashes a code with the led. The code is flash flash flash pause flash flash - I have searched every forum for hours on so many sites and I cant find anything. I have tried javaloader, jl_cmdr, & bbmcp to wipe but when i connect it to the pc there is absolutly no response, not even that sound that lets you know a new device has been conneted. The phone will start the error flashes when plugged in via USB but the computer will not recognize that the berry is plugged in. PLEASE HELP!
    Ive seen a few post with similar LED flashing but they all seemed to have gotten water damage. but my bb hasnt been in or near water.
    Does anyone know of any list or website that can decode these error flashes and tell me whats going on?
    07-03-11 11:47 PM
    Hi teostar, it appears like a case of the battery either being deeply discharged, or dead. Attempt to swap this with a known good battery and check and see if the phone turns on. If that is not a possibility then, clean the copper plates on the battery and also the pins on the cellphone. Connect the phone to the charger for atleast 3 - 4 hrs. Also, Attempt to check if the charger is working fine.
    07-04-11 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD