Okay, so I have been having this problem on and off now for about a year.

My Pearl will not receive emails. I have gone though EVERY menu option and checked every setting and nothing is set up wrong. I literally woke up one day and my phone decided not to get emails. Not only will it not get emails, but it also has the little hourglass "loading" type symbol show up when I'm not doing anything. I light up the back light and about every 2 or 3 seconds the loading symbol comes up. Also, up by the battery symbol in the upper right hand corner, the incoming information/outgoing information red arrows show up as if I'm sending or receiving information. This DRASTICALLY reduces my battery life to about 4 or 5 hours. Near the end of this 4 or 5 hours it is loading so much i need to do a battery pull because it is loading constantly. If i plug in my phone for the night and wake up it does the same thing. A constant load to the point where I can not do anything without doing a battery pull.

ALSO, about 50% of the time, when I go to bed and plug in my phone, ill wake up and the alarm has not gone off because on the screen it says "Voice Dialing: Scanning Address Book. 0%." There is no way out of this but to pull the battery and reset it.

I started having this problem on my first pearl almost a year back. After taking it to Verizon and talking to tech support, we ended up deciding that nobody had any idea what was wrong and I got a replacement device. For about 2 months everything was fine until one morning my device started having the same symptoms. The strange thing about this is all of the sudden the problem fixes itself AGAIN. It'll have these problems for about a month and literally overnight they will disappear.

Also I see that my call log and messages all get deleted frequently. I have gone into options and looked at "status" and it says I have plenty of free space. That is another problem I find no resolve to.

One thing that I HAVE discovered is that when I do a diagnostic test, everything is fine until the test gets to "Blackberry PIN-PIN" it gets caught up there and never finishes the diagnostic test.

One little side note. Sometimes when I do a battery pull, when the phone turns back on ill get a few old emails and a few old Facebook notifications.

PLEASE HELP! I love my blackberry but am very close to getting a new phone. Thanks!
    01-18-09 02:49 PM
    You definitley have a low memory issue, that can easily be fixed. You need to get rid of the dreaded facebook application. It has caused many issues here, i would honestly delete it and you will see...
    01-18-09 02:52 PM
    Do you think that moving my pictures to my computer would fix that? I understand that Facebook is a large application but would like to try the little fixes before I start deleting applications.
    01-18-09 02:54 PM
    That depends on how many pics you have on your phone....

Are there any programs you have on the BB that you don't use?? if thats the case get them off the BB!!!
    01-18-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD