I updated my Blackberry via the Verizon Wireless website yesterday, and it was my first software update. When I went in to Options>Applications>Core Application properties though, I noticed something odd. I have a Pearl 8130, but the application says "Core Applications for the Blackberry 8100 series". Did I download the wrong software, or does this just include all 8100 and up Pearls?

Also I noticed a lot of little changes - like the font I posted on a different thread, and also the spaces between all my words on my SMS messages are twice the size, making my messages look very elongated. Any suggestions on a possible fix?

Thanks - and sorry for being such a newbie
    05-28-08 11:16 AM
    hmmmmmmmmm????
    05-28-08 11:19 AM
    I up dated yesterday as well thru Verizon. I like the update and I also did the John Clark's optimize your BlackBerry. I removed pre-installed wallpapers, applcations, themes,etc. my berry is running good now. My free file for my pearl is 25 now....
    05-28-08 11:23 AM
    Is there any way to just delete the new software I downloaded? I was perfectly happy with how my berry was running before, I just figured it was time for an update. I want my berry back! lol
    05-28-08 11:41 AM
    Stoner would know. Try to get in touch with him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 11:54 AM
    So is there a new update from Verizon, or did you just update for the heck of it? If there is a new Verizon update, I would like to know what it's all about. Bug fixes, etc...?
    05-28-08 11:57 AM
    How do I get in touch with...Stoner?

And I uploaded the new software because I was under the impression you were supposed to do it as a regular thing - kind of like new updates for Adobe software programs that pop up once in awhile. So yea - I should have read into it more first.

But like I said it changed the font on my caller ID and when I make calls. It added like double the space between each word on my SMS and MMS messages so it makes the message look extremely elongated, etc. Just little quirkes like that that I just don't like.
    05-28-08 12:57 PM
    Yes, there is a new update for the Verizon 8130 pearl. You need to go to Blackberry.com and register in the Blackbarry Owners' Lounge. From there it will tell you to select your carrier and if there is an update for your carrier. You can also get free games and applications at the lounge as well. They are always updating the owners lounge so they are always getting new apps, games, etc.
    05-28-08 03:10 PM
    Jberry, go to your account on Crackberry and search members names, type in stoner and send him a message. his status is crackberry master. See if that works...
    05-28-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD