I just got my Blackberry Pearl 8130 about 2 weeks ago and I can't find the manual. haha Can anyone tell me how to set a ringtone for all text messages from my music? I can hit "Set as Ringtone" but that only works for calls. >< Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance!
    02-14-08 03:08 PM
    select Profiles / go to Advanced / higlight the profile you want to change / press Menu / select edit / select SMS Text / make your changes / press Menu / select Save

That should do it...

Just noticed you were asking about a Pearl, this is how you do it on the 8310, guess its worth a try...
    Last edited by graytshirt; 02-14-08 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Didn't realize ashenroseshadow was asking about the 8130
    02-14-08 03:35 PM
    when i go to profiles there is no advanced option.
    just now playing, move, hide, show all, add folder and switch application?
    help!
    04-21-08 03:00 PM
    profiles is the icon that looks like a speaker or bullhorn. You get there from the home screen not from within the media folders (which it sounds like that's where you are)
    04-21-08 03:11 PM
    on the home screen clicking anything but the loud, vibrate, etc. takes me to the applications so i click on the profiles there
    04-21-08 03:40 PM
    Sounds like you aren't scrolling down far enough... What you need (advanced) is clear at the bottom - trust me it's there!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD