I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 (Alltel is my carrier) and I am having a problem with the SMS messaging. My girlfriend recently got a Palm Treo 755p. I have no trouble receiving messages from other people, but sometimes I don't receive her messages. They just never come. She receives all my messages though. It's not a service problem; it hasn't worked in places where I have perfect service. I've tried turning the phone on and off and resetting it and that doesn't work. I've tried emptying my inbox and outbox and that doesn't work either. I've called Alltel and they weren't much help. I was going to call Alltel again and try to talk to a different person, but I thought I would post here and see if anyone had any advice.

Thanks
    08-26-08 06:34 PM
    get her a blackberry
    08-26-08 06:35 PM
    Haha I tried, but she had her heart set on a Palm
    08-26-08 06:37 PM
    Because you have good signal strength does not mean that this is not a network-related issue. I would contact my carrier, if I were you, and have her do the same.
    08-26-08 06:39 PM
    are you missing all sms from her, or just some? Could it be user-error on her part? And last question, is she on alltel as well? if not it could be a issue with her carrier transmitting to yours.
    08-26-08 06:40 PM
    It's a problem I have every once in awhile with not only my friends Pearl but also with my other friends LG both on AllTel's system by the way I'm on Verizon with a Pearl. The only thing I've found that has worked is doing a battery pull on the Pearls and just turning the LG off and on. Never tried a battery pull on the other device. Hopes this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 06:43 PM
    Are you missing some messages or are they deleting? If this is the case you have a memory issue which a battery pull will temporarily solve. Check out the memory optimization guide by stoner for more details.

08-26-08 06:46 PM
    You know what? My boyfriend is on Alltel and he is the ONE AND ONLY person that I have problems regarding SMS messages with. And I also am coincidentally on Verizon. Again, hmm... Sounds like a network issue betweenthe two carriers.
    08-26-08 06:47 PM
    Alltel and Verizion not playing nice. I hate when that happens.
    08-26-08 06:59 PM
    Don't think it's an issue of not playing nice at all. I wonder if this has something to do with Verizon purchasing AllTel? Might have something to do with RIM/BlackBerry server issue also. I just started having this issue when I purchased my Pearl. This never happened when I had my LG VX8300.

08-26-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD