Hey does anyone know if the SMS options will allow you to set it up to where when you send a txt, it is confirmed it was received by the other person? Any input on this would be great.
    01-29-08 10:17 AM
    Hey does anyone know if the SMS options will allow you to set it up to where when you send a txt, it is confirmed it was received by the other person? Any input on this would be great.
    Not sure with AT&T but with Verizon, if I send to another Verizon customer, I get a received and read automatically. It might be carrier specific.
    01-29-08 10:49 AM
    Yeah that kinda stuff is carrier specific. Verizon can tell you that the message landed on the handset of a fellow verizon user cuz it's their network, they know.

You sent it to ATT and it's a "crap shoot". Most likely they will recieve it but no way for you to know.
    01-29-08 10:09 PM
    Verizon can tell you that the message landed on the handset of a fellow verizon user cuz it's their network, they know.
    As Gibralter states, this is only a delivery confirmation... the "D" only verifies the message was Delivered to the VZW recipients handset, NOT that the msg was actually opened/viewed. Some folks have the misconception the "D" means the msg was opened.
    01-30-08 07:59 AM
    As Gibralter states, this is only a delivery confirmation... the "D" only verifies the message was Delivered to the VZW recipients handset, NOT that the msg was actually opened/viewed. Some folks have the misconception the "D" means the msg was opened.

If i remember correctly, a while back, it even would show that the person had opened the message but that feature seems to have disappeared, thankfully.

And yes, as Gadget Geek (who seems to live on Crackberry.com ) stated, the D is just delivered not viewed by the reciepent.
    01-30-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD