Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.... I love my pearl, but I am so confused and about to scream! I just received my 2nd replacement (3rd phone). If I touch my phone too hard or sit it down too hard, it will shut off. I thought maybe it was just me, but how can it be... this is my 3rd one with the same exact problem Does anyone out there have any idea what could be going on? Like I said, if I touch the phone too hard in the wrong place it will just turn off on me... then I have to wait the 2 minutes for it to restart.

I am very careful with my phone and honestly I do not live a very active life, it is not thrown around and I never drop it.

I really hope I am not the only person who is having this problem!

Michelle
    01-27-09 07:39 AM
    What is the file free on your phone? Also are your emails and sms messages deleting?
    01-27-09 07:47 AM
    What is the file free on your phone? Also are your emails and sms messages deleting?
    Nothing is deleting... I always make sure I delete things I do not need and prob take the battery out for a fresh restart every other day.
    01-27-09 07:59 AM
    Just a thought, but on these replacements, you are still using your original battery, right? Seems like on these warranty replacement, they make you use your original battery, as you dont get a new one.

You may have a defective battery.
    01-27-09 01:13 PM
    ... honestly I do not live a very active life...
    Michelle

Michelle, this is the point that bothers me the most. You need to get out more....have some fun!! Please!!

claire
    01-27-09 01:49 PM
    my 8130 shuts off randomly sometimes as well, i'm not sure why, but it doesn't happen often enough to bother me... sometimes i forget to lock it and push up against it...
    01-27-09 06:21 PM
    Looking at the peeps having the problem, it must be a Verizon thing.

claire
    01-27-09 09:30 PM
    SOLUTION:

It's your memory card, the newer operating has problems in dealing with memory cards that have old OS files still on them.

An easy fix is to backup the data, then reformat the SD card, once erased, you BB should work perfectly.
    01-28-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD