How do I turn that lame shutter sound off when I take pictures? It is corny and it was easily killed in my last cellie. God only knows why it is a forced thing on the Blackberry.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by Muphukka; 02-20-08 at 05:27 PM.
    02-20-08 04:42 PM
    Sorry but there is no way to turn off the shutter sound. I agree though. I'd rather not have a sound.
    02-20-08 05:06 PM
    Unfortunately, a law was passed several years ago that cell phone cameras had to have the shutter sound after people were being harassed in public bathrooms having their pix taken unknowingly.

Since then, cell phone cameras must have shutter sound.
    02-20-08 05:43 PM
    Unfortunately, a law was passed several years ago that cell phone cameras had to have the shutter sound after people were being harassed in public bathrooms having their pix taken unknowingly.

Since then, cell phone cameras must have shutter sound.
    I told my Dad that (he has a Treo 600, 700p and Centro) and even the new Centro with the silent swtich flipped won't make sound when taking a picture. I figured if you had it on silent, the BB wouldn't make noise, but that's not the case.

I don't know how some phones will do it and some phones won't. I hacked my V9m to not make sound when a picture was taken, but I don't see that happening here.
    02-20-08 05:52 PM
    Uh I don't have a sound?
    Turn key tones off?
    Maybe I just lucked out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-08 05:54 PM
    I'll check key tones a bit later...I'm at the office right now.

Other phones that I have had (recent, I might add...sure to be in time for the so called "upskirt law") have had the option of killing that stupid sound. But hey, the Voyager tells you "say cheese!" which is about the most wack thing I have ever heard.

So it could be worse I guess.
    Last edited by Muphukka; 02-20-08 at 06:53 PM.
    02-20-08 06:50 PM
    Security issue.
    02-21-08 05:39 AM
    I beat it with my Moto Q via a registry hack, but with BB software you are restricted to setting ringtones and themes haha

Seriously i value this closed OS because with my WM5 phone i would be resetting it all the time because of lock-ups etc...

What I do if I have to take a picture is caugh like .75 seconds after I press the button

Or try to time it with a loud noise...

anyone seen the opening scene of Enemy At the Gates???

just like Vasyli!
    02-22-08 04:37 AM
    Well, when I'm in a bathroom, taking pics of people, I just cough really loud to cover up the noise.

Lame, lol :]
    Last edited by cate; 02-22-08 at 10:50 PM.
    02-22-08 10:19 PM
    Plug in a wired headset.
    02-22-08 10:24 PM
    the shutter sound actually comes in kinda handy, say if its a low light shot, the sound will actually delay till the pic is written to your BB, preventing you from moving your hand down and getting a nice motion blur'd image..
    02-23-08 02:24 AM
    Well, when I'm in a bathroom, taking pics of people, I just cough really loud to cover up the noise.

Lame, lol :]

Hahahahaa.......

Actually, when Im in bathrooms taking pictures of people I use the throat clearing nose ::ahhhemm:: to cover up the shutter sound....
    02-24-08 11:20 AM
    Actually I took one yesterday of my wife in the shower and when she heard the shutter sound, she went off on me. Then she deleted it!! COME ON RIM help me out here!
    02-24-08 02:48 PM
    Actually I took one yesterday of my wife in the shower and when she heard the shutter sound, she went off on me. Then she deleted it!! COME ON RIM help me out here!
    Uh, yeah....that's why they have the shutter sound! LOL
    02-24-08 03:11 PM
    Lmao.

You should've coughed!! Have you not learned anything from this thread ??
    02-24-08 03:15 PM
    That's when you just take a video! No shutter sound there. And if you really need a pic, stick that vid on the comp and take a snapshot with VLC or something.

11-07-09 04:03 PM
    Call voice mail, activate camera, take silent pic....

The phone woun't make the noise when the radio is active.

Have fun perv's

11-10-09 09:33 AM
    Call voice mail, activate camera, take silent pic....

The phone woun't make the noise when the radio is active.

Have fun perv's

Ingenious work around, I would never have thought of that...
    11-10-09 10:39 AM
    good thing the music is loud in the strip clubs.
    01-21-10 07:54 PM
    Strange, mine doesn't make a sound.
    01-21-10 11:38 PM
    Strange, mine doesn't make a sound.
    seriously?!

Anyone figured out a way to disable this biatch?!
    01-30-10 06:22 PM
    01-30-10 07:51 PM
    Does anybody know if "BerryAnnoying" app works on the 9700 to suppress the shutter sound?
    05-12-10 01:45 PM
    BerryCoder's free "Peek-a-Boo" app is said to work, but I have not tried it yet:

BerryCoder: Peek-A-Boo - Shoot 4 Times In One Click
    05-17-10 09:51 AM
    Hello! I tried the Peek-A-Boo app on my 8530 and it works great, no shutter sound at all.

Slightly off-topic: it takes about 15 to 20 seconds to take those 4 shots, but if you only care for that one and the no-shutter sound, it does the job.
    06-04-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD